Can't connect to European signup server

I bought world of warcraft today. From 17:30 British summer time to
21:00 bst I have been trying to connect to the European signup server
to create an account. I have been unable to connect and have finally
given up. I have asked friends to check the url to make sure it wasn't
an issue with my isp, and they can't connect either. What a complete
waste of my time and money. I can't be bothered messing about with
it anymore, and I shall be returning the game for a full refund. I
think the level of service is appalling. After paying £35 for a game
I at least expect to be able to play it. I am thoroughly disappointed.

bugaboo171@lycos.co.uk wrote:

> I bought world of warcraft today. From 17:30 British summer time to
> 21:00 bst I have been trying to connect to the European signup server
> to create an account. I have been unable to connect and have finally
> given up. I have asked friends to check the url to make sure it wasn't
> an issue with my isp, and they can't connect either. What a complete
> waste of my time and money. I can't be bothered messing about with
> it anymore, and I shall be returning the game for a full refund. I
> think the level of service is appalling. After paying £35 for a game
> I at least expect to be able to play it. I am thoroughly disappointed.

When I bought the game it was a patch day. I started the install in the
early evening, but couldn't play 'till the next day. I too was appalled
at the poor service and thought about returning the game.

Today, months later, I'm still appalled at the service. I also play
every minute I can, and when I'm not playing, I'm often thinking about
it. I get at least one lag death a day, but I'm always back the next
day.

If you've ever wondered just how good a product needs to be in order to
be wildly successful despite an appalling level of service, well, now
you know :)

Lisa

I seem to remember having the same issue and found the url to be a different
one than the one given. I can't be any more use than that I'm afraid.

On 4-9-2005 1:13, bugaboo171@lycos.co.uk wrote:
> I bought world of warcraft today. From 17:30 British summer time to
> 21:00 bst I have been trying to connect to the European signup server
> to create an account. I have been unable to connect and have finally
> given up. I have asked friends to check the url to make sure it wasn't
> an issue with my isp, and they can't connect either. What a complete
> waste of my time and money. I can't be bothered messing about with
> it anymore, and I shall be returning the game for a full refund. I
> think the level of service is appalling. After paying £35 for a game
> I at least expect to be able to play it. I am thoroughly disappointed.

I too have had it with World of Warcraft, it's (european) website and
Blizzard's service!

The website is what bothers me the most. The service parts of the site
all down all the time. When I want to check my account - server too busy
or unavailable.

Tonight I wanted to play for a bit so I tried logging on. What happens -
the game says I have spend my pre-paid card and should buy more credit.
Pre-paid card? WTF - I pay with my VISA card!!

I have really had it this time - I am cancelling my account! If I were
able to connect to the account management website... AAARRGGGHHH!!!

--
Bow before me, for I am root.

Glad its not just me who's having trouble. Took me 2 days before I
eventually was able to sign up. Now my friend is finding it impossible
to sign up for the 10 day guest account. Noooooooooo.
How can they be this bad. Is it some kind of joke?

On 5 Sep 2005 11:27:46 -0700, bugaboo171@lycos.co.uk said:

> Glad its not just me who's having trouble. Took me 2 days before I
> eventually was able to sign up. Now my friend is finding it impossible
> to sign up for the 10 day guest account. Noooooooooo.
> How can they be this bad. Is it some kind of joke?

If it is I'm not laughing :-(

Yesterday it accepted my CC to extend the play time, I get 24 hrs and
tonight it says "Your pre-paid time has run out", so I try to access the
account to see what is going on and can't get there either.

During my time with WoW (feb) I've paid with 3 game cards and the rest CC,
my experiences are that half the time its been a breeze and the other half
it's been a struggle to register.

That's 50% down time of the server, not good at all.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:40:51 GMT, Kav said:

> On 5 Sep 2005 11:27:46 -0700, bugaboo171@lycos.co.uk said:
>
>> Glad its not just me who's having trouble. Took me 2 days before I
>> eventually was able to sign up. Now my friend is finding it impossible
>> to sign up for the 10 day guest account. Noooooooooo.
>> How can they be this bad. Is it some kind of joke?
>
> If it is I'm not laughing :-(
>
> Yesterday it accepted my CC to extend the play time, I get 24 hrs and
> tonight it says "Your pre-paid time has run out", so I try to access the
> account to see what is going on and can't get there either.
>
> During my time with WoW (feb) I've paid with 3 game cards and the rest CC,
> my experiences are that half the time its been a breeze and the other half
> it's been a struggle to register.
>
> That's 50% down time of the server, not good at all.

Ah, looks like the whole lots down.

Can't ping www.wow-europe.com even with a huge timeout

On 5-9-2005 21:14, Kav wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:40:51 GMT, Kav said:
>

>>On 5 Sep 2005 11:27:46 -0700, bugaboo171@lycos.co.uk said:
>>

>>>Glad its not just me who's having trouble. Took me 2 days before I
>>>eventually was able to sign up. Now my friend is finding it impossible
>>>to sign up for the 10 day guest account. Noooooooooo.
>>>How can they be this bad. Is it some kind of joke?
>>
>>If it is I'm not laughing :-(
>>
>>Yesterday it accepted my CC to extend the play time, I get 24 hrs and
>>tonight it says "Your pre-paid time has run out", so I try to access the
>>account to see what is going on and can't get there either.
>>
>>During my time with WoW (feb) I've paid with 3 game cards and the rest CC,
>>my experiences are that half the time its been a breeze and the other half
>>it's been a struggle to register.
>>
>>That's 50% down time of the server, not good at all.
>

> Ah, looks like the whole lots down.
>
> Can't ping www.wow-europe.com even with a huge timeout

Down it is, at least the website! Funny thing though - now I can log on
to the game again.

You know what else bothers me - every time the european website is down,
I try reaching the US website. I have never ever ever seen it down. Why
is this? They used the same technology on both webservers right? Did they?

--
Bow before me, for I am root.