PNY Geforce 6600 Agp graphics missing problem!!Help!

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82903531@N08/7589858080/in/photostreamHello Everyone, i have been using Tom's Hardware for a while and i gotta say this community helped me alot.... but never posted anything before...........now i am not a noob in hardware/technology i am a advanced user and spent 1 week to fix my problem i have never been unsuccessful in any of my problems but now i am so i need help from you guys.

Now the problem that i am facing is that i bought a PNY Geforce 6600 256Mb AGP for my very very old mobo the reason that i am using so much old mobo is downloading overnight. So this is a very weird problem i ran MSI KOMBUSTOR 2.2.2 gpu stress test ran openGl stress test and it worked totally fine.... didn't gave any crashes etc. but whenever i play a game it gives these types of missing,corrupted graphics after 30 mins+ i installed the driver many times... i tried the old drivers but nothing works. i doubt that this gpu is dead so plz i need the help of you guys. reply from toms hardware would be really appreciated

here's the image of when graphics start to kick. http://www.flickr.com/photos/82903531@N08/7589858080/in/photostream

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012

no its not overheating i also installed a new fan in it and the new fan is pretty good keeping it at 43-44 C at idle at full load 65 C Max. i am using EVEREST ultimate for monitoring.

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012

as i mentioned i tried every driver latest driver, old drivers but still it kicks. i didn't checked in more games because i only have F.E.A.R right now but i checked in 3D MARK03 and it also does the same thing in 3D Mark.

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012

no buddy i don't have any more old mobo's like that as i said i use it for downloading overnight cause i don't want to waste my new rig PSU

so thats why i bought this gpu for a old mobo for downloadings overnight. i think the GPU sensor is not working properly cause it shows temps in EVEREST only and it doesn't shows in msi kombustor or furmurk stresstest.. any ideas about that?

Well if its not showing the temperature then the sensor might be broken or something. try to get MSI Afterburner.

Yet it seems whenever you stress the graphics card artifacts appear, which is a sign of overheating or a dead GPU. Where did you get the card from?

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012

i will try msi afterburner now :bounce: and i bought it from a lot.

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012

i tried msi afterburner its not showing the gpu temp and msi rivatuner is also not showing the GPU temp... i doubt that the GPU is overheating cause i opened the case and checked the graphic card by touching it and i felt that it was pretty much hot..... but the fan is working properly.... this situation is getting worse..... :pt1cable:

D

Deleted member 217926

Don't want to waste your new power supply? Even running 24/7 your new power suply will last long enough that your new parts will be as obsolete as a rig with AGP is now before you have to worry about it. Any decent power supply is going to have a 100,000 hour MTBF. Computers are made to run 24/7.

If that graphics card is overclocked then drop it back to stock clocks. The problem only starts after 30 minutes? Why are you trying to game on a compuer you use for downloading anyway? Solution - use your new computer for everything and get rid of the obsolete parts.

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012

i bought it for 70$ i dont want to waste my 70$ thats why i am worried. and we have pretty much costly electricity in my country and my psu is 1500watts it causes me expensive electric bills! :non: