Geforce GTX 560 ti not recognized.

kyle0914

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
So I am building a PC and finally got the final component a nice video card, I got a Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 Ti graphics card. I installed it and fired up the computer, nothing. Then I tried to install the drivers. Downloaded the right driver tried to install it and kept getting the error "Nvidia was unable to locate any hardware" or so i opened device manager sure enough it does not list the video card. I have the card fully seated and its getting power because the fan is spinning. However i did notice that there are two places on it to connect the 6 pin plugs for power, and it only came with one 6 pin cable. (it says on the box its overclocked) anyways the motherboard is a asus m5a88-v EVO, I have 16gb Ram, and a 600 watt power supply, oh and a terabyte of HDD. .
I have tried starting it in safe mode, disabling the current card (the integrated one) nothing.

Please help!

Sorry if this is a repeat I see other people are having this problem, maybe the graphics card is not compatable with the motherboard?

System
Motherboard: m5a88-v EVO
Video Card: Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 16GB
PCU: 600 watts
HDD: 1 TB

I have tried a lot of things posted in similar threads and nothing. Maybe i need to plug a second 6 pin into the second 6 pin plug in, however i find it odd that they would only supply you with one.

Did your graphics card come with an adapter inside the box? Also your PSU (if it's of modern age) should have at least one PCI-E 6 pin connector attached.

If you didn't get a Molex to PCI-E 6 pin adapter with your GPU, I would suggest buying one as EzioAs has said.

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
there should be 6 pin power coming out of your power supply, those adapters stink. its for someone who has one, and goes oh I need another...you want to make sure that your power supply has enough voltage on the rail....you want 30 amps on the +12 rail....if your current power supply doesnt meet that even though its 600, that could be your problem...
first check for the 6pins from your power supply.