12computers12

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Hi I have a custom built computer and i am wondering how i should install my case fans into my cooler master elite 430.
Not changing fans

cooler master 120mm led fan 70cfm molex plug intake at front of case
cpu cooler arctic cooling freezer pro 7 rev2 45cfm :facing back of case

I have room for 2 more 120mm 3pin
Can be
>ezcool 120mm 3pin 56cfm
>arctic cooling f12 3pin 74cfm
>arctic cooling f12 3pin 74cfm

Finaly i have room for the molex 90mm chieftec 43cfm

But where should i put the 120mm fans and which ones
and where should i put the 90mm molex fan

phate1337

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
the 90 mm molex comes at the front of that case by default (and i believe has a blue LED, i had a CM 430 build for a friend a while ago). from memory, the case has space for 2 120mm fans at the top, one at the front, one at the back, one on side, one at bottom (plus one for PSU exhaust, not counting that). i'd keep the fans that are in your case where they are at the moment and go grab yourself a bunch of Corsair AF120 fans (63.47 cfm for performance version, 39.88 cfm for quiet version). they run near silent even at max. the quiet edition ones will be entirely inaudible over the sound of the existing fans you have. not to mention they have rubberised fixing points for reducing the noise created through vibration. unless you are doing some huge OCs, you don't need to worry about massive amounts of CFM. fans in that case should pretty much face as such: front-intake, bottom-intake (it has a filter, so as long as you don't put it on a dusty sufrace, you should be fine), topx2-exhaust,rear-exhaust,side-your personal preference (i personally prefer intake, as it will case cooler air to be inside your case and also mean that your system is, to a degree, pressurised, which will help to keep dust out. i have built lots of PCs in my time and would recommend the AF120's as i have built a rig with 6 of these (plus an AF140) that runs near silent at full RPM. the loudest thing in my builds is usually the GPU.

on a side note, what cooler do you have on your CPU? if it takes 120mm fans, corsair also do the SP120 fans for high static pressure that i have found to be very effective.

I am not a Corsair Fan-Boy, but I have used lots of different fans in the past, and these are my favourites by far.