New build first time builder

HitokiriRooster

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: withing 3-6 months

Budget Range: im trying to keep it under 900

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, watching video files, web browsing

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: parts i already have gpu, case, mouse, keyboard, and speakers

Do you need to buy OS: no

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com ncix and micro center

Parts Preferences: pretty open but i would like to use amd

Overclocking: probably in the future

SLI or Crossfire: maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1024x768

Additional Comments: im not doing liquid cooling

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: because my current computer is really out of date and has trouble playing games

current parts list
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gxHl

TIA everyone

malbluff

Honorable
With respect, my first observation is that your selections are somewhat mismatched. You are proposing a very high-end case and power supply, and filling with budget-end components.
The first thing to establish is your monitor requirements. From your stated monitor resolution, I take it that it is a fairly small, basic one. It's easy to design something for high performance, through that, but, if the next thing you do is get yourself a bigger, better monitor, it won't work.
Please confirm the monitor size, AND whether you are planning to upgrade it. Some idea of what games you want to play would also help. Depending on that, given you have a reasonable budget, it may even be possible to fit a reasonable new monitor in, if you want.

HitokiriRooster

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
thanks for the reply,
well im using my tv as my monitor and was simply stating the resolution it says when i flip it to the channel. im using a 32 inch lcd tv. and i know my gpu is budget but the only reason im gonna stay using it for a while is because its already in my current computer, but yes i plan on eventually upgrading that. as far as the games i want to run im currently playing guild wars 2 diablo 3 civ 5 and skyrim, to name a few.

malbluff

Honorable
I must confess I am now somewhat confused as to what you have, and haven't got. Are you saying you already have some of the items on your partpicker parts list, and want to re-use them? I think the easiest way is if you list the items (details) that you already have, and are AVAILABLE for re-use, and then we can give some realistic advice, whether it's WORTH re-using them, given your budget. I'm all for recycling components, but not at the cost of ruining the new build.