Sign in with
Your question

Almost complete build test power on fail

Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2012 6:31:47 PM

Hi, i am building this new rig. I am almost done. In fact, the only thing remaining for it to be functionnal is the CPU. I plugged it just now without the CPU to see if it powered on but it did not. I saw that the power led does light up tough. But none of the fans or the power supply fan did turn on. Not a sound or anything. I was wondering if it's because there's no CPU or if i should contact ASrock. The Power supply has not been used for two years and it's an antec earthwatt 500. It was working fine last time i used it tough.

Motherboard is an ASrock z77 pro4-m

Thank you
September 4, 2012 7:14:41 PM

hmm not sure why you would power it on with no CPU? I am sure all mobos are different but it maybe wont boot without CPU. why dont you just put the CPU in and try again - if it works great, if not then its most likely wiring/psu, but you can investigate from that point and post back here.

good luck
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2012 7:19:22 PM

No PC will boot without a CPU
m
l
September 5, 2012 5:44:58 AM

Just wanted to see if it turned on at least. I'm buying components whenever i have the money for it. Over time. I realize now that it complicates things when you can't test any component until your build is complete. until then, waranty wears off.

But thank you for the answers.
m
l
!