Sign in with
Your question

Need help with deciding which laptop is better for me

Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2012 7:17:45 PM

Last night I decided to go ahead and buy a laptop to replace my desktop while I leave the country for an internship. I decided to buy (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) but someone just now showed me (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) which is supposedly much better for the price range if I want to run games on it.

I already bought the previous one but it might not be too late to cancel, but I just wanted to see if anyone can confirm because I know barely anything when it comes to laptops. If the performance is going to be the same on the Intel machine, then I'll just stick with that. But with the AMD machines ability to crossfire, if I'll see a noticeable difference, then I'll definitely be willing to drop another $50 on something I'll have for years.

If anyone can help me at all that would be great as I'm completely lost. Thanks!

EDIT: I have a $100 rebate on the Intel machine, so that's why it's $50 cheaper.

More about : deciding laptop

September 4, 2012 7:36:50 PM

Honestly, I'd stick with the Lenovo as its definitely a first tier quality brand. You're travelling so a heavy 17" lappy isn't the best idea. And the core i5 is probably faster than the AMD processor.

But from what I've read, the 7670 appears to be 20% faster than GT630. I don't know if that's synthetics or real world.
m
l
September 4, 2012 7:39:35 PM

bliq said:
Honestly, I'd stick with the Lenovo as its definitely a first tier quality brand. You're travelling so a heavy 17" lappy isn't the best idea. And the core i5 is probably faster than the AMD processor.

But from what I've read, the 7670 appears to be 20% faster than GT630. I don't know if that's synthetics or real world.

Yep, and I wonder if that even considering it's crossfire capabilities. The 17" aspect of it doesn't bother me TOO much due to how I'm not gonna have a monitor or anything, so it will probably lessen the effect of me stepping down from my current monitor. Are Acers really that bad though? The only laptop I have had is a Dell, and it's still working 6 years later after being used purely for gaming for the first 4.
m
l
!