Build, ordering in 3 days, for a friend. Under 450$

Solution

If youve got a legitimate product key you can download Windows 7 digital from their support website , then you can either burn the ISO to a DVD or get a good bootable USB with a software whichs name i forgot (Google is your best friend for that) load it all up on the usb - Enter BIOS and make sure your USB is your main booting device - Restart then install and activate using your key :) should be a good tutorial for this somewhere , google it. Sorry about the late reply & Good luck

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Are you missing something? It doesn't all come to $485...$425?What about the PSU? Also, He should probably save up however the CPU & GPU aren't really that powerful. But if what he's looking to do is just Minor gaming/Editing [Minecraft/Sony Vegas-Photoshop] it should be OK.

[EDIT] Didn't see the case comes with the PSU. It's the HDD your missing

chaotixblade

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
The case has a psu, dont say anything i have 4 friends with the same thing, more intense builds, nothing but praises.

Im not sure what your information is.. buy an hd 6750/athlon x3 450 combo is more than capable of playing bf3 high ultra settings 1600x900 no aa, or af... And anygame below METRO 2033 level, full max... Minecraft... i can play and record on a 2.2ghz dual core with an integrated graphics chip. No rage, just saying this build is very nice for 485$

[EDIT] Google athlon 450 hd 6750 bf3. Youll see max games, and some people who can stand 25<X<35 fps have full aa and af, w/o though at 1600x900 they report 30-45 fps w/o fraps

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

Check my Edit I didn't read that the Case has a PSU. But you did miss out on the HDD. I have an HD6850 & Phenom II X4 940 3.0Gz And I can play all games oh High/Ultra. I just expect this build to do less.

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

ALSO you should look around you can find Windows Home OS for around $50 - 60 Digital version if you only want 1 copy. Just saves you money for other components

chaotixblade

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
yeah... i dunno how you could get a "digital version" on a bios only computer... enlighten me. haha :)

[EDIT] Notice: I know its a dead end build when it comes to upgrading. But thing is, my friend doesn't plan on upgrading until next year, and when he does he is going to have a job... in which he will build a new computer at that point.

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

If youve got a legitimate product key you can download Windows 7 digital from their support website , then you can either burn the ISO to a DVD or get a good bootable USB with a software whichs name i forgot (Google is your best friend for that) load it all up on the usb - Enter BIOS and make sure your USB is your main booting device - Restart then install and activate using your key :) should be a good tutorial for this somewhere , google it. Sorry about the late reply & Good luck

Solution