Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best route with a 600$ limit

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 17, 2012 5:13:19 PM

Ok so I been making a build for a while now and I am finally at the point where I am looking for my gpu setup.

Heres my build so far:

i5 3570k (stays at 4.2Ghz) Ivy Bridge
MSI GD65 z77 MoBo
12Gb Ram 1333 Corsair brand (When I get my gpu/gpus I am ordering 2x8Gb Corsair vengeance)
580W Rosewill PSU (I chose a 850W psu I will also order with the gpu/gpus)
Corsair H100
128Gb SSD and 500Gb 7200Rpm HDD
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower


Now I been trying to decide if I want to go with a high end card such as a gtx680, I also been considering going AMD with a 7970,

or

Do I just want to go with 2 570's or 7950's?


I will mostly be playing high end games, Skyrim, Crysis 2 etc. As well as MMO's Guildwars 2, and lots of higher end emulator like Ps2 and Wii.

Which route would give off the best performance and framerate for gaming?

More about : route 600 limit

a c 198 U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 5:14:38 PM

One powerful card is usually the better option imo than 2 other cards.

If you get a 680 now, you are going to be able to play any game out there, and when the time comes that you cant, you can get another one.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 5:26:10 PM

Yea, I was mostly leaning towards the Gtx680 because I might be able to snag a second a couple months down the road. But thats only a possibility which is why I am considering a different route of grabbing 2 cards now.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 5:32:32 PM

Deemo13 said:
One powerful card is usually the better option imo than 2 other cards.

If you get a 680 now, you are going to be able to play any game out there, and when the time comes that you cant, you can get another one.


+1

The 680 will kick any game's butt and as Deemo13 had said, you can always pick one up later down the road if you feel like it.
I also prefer getting one powerful card over two weaker options (not that the 7950's and 570's are bad).

What resolution will you be playing at?
m
0
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 5:32:34 PM

I'd say one card now is better. Less problems and more power efficient and usually less noisy.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 5:35:53 PM

mocchan said:
+1

The 680 will kick any game's butt and as Deemo13 had said, you can always pick one up later down the road if you feel like it.
I also prefer getting one powerful card over two weaker options (not that the 7950's and 570's are bad).

What resolution will you be playing at?





1920x1080 mostly unless I upgrade down the road. Which Im sure the Gtx 680 could handle the upgrade.


Now do yall have any actual card choices? I mostly shop off of newegg, I was looking at a MSI gtx680 twin frozr III 2gb
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 5:42:19 PM

blank316 said:
1920x1080 mostly unless I upgrade down the road. Which Im sure the Gtx 680 could handle the upgrade.


Now do yall have any actual card choices? I mostly shop off of newegg, I was looking at a MSI gtx680 twin frozr III 2gb


In that case, the 680 is all you need :)  it'll handle anything at that resolution.

Also :lol:  I was just going to recommend you the same card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
This is a nice option as well :)  the promo code brings it down to around $499...great deal!
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 5:46:22 PM

mocchan said:
In that case, the 680 is all you need :)  it'll handle anything at that resolution.

Also :lol:  I was just going to recommend you the same card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
This is a nice option as well :)  the promo code brings it down to around $499...great deal!



Thanks for the advice too yall both :lol: 

What would you choose out of the 2, which they basically come down to brand name in which I would go MSI, but that 3 fanned beast of gigabyte which I looked at before is very aesthetically pleasing.

Is there any differences in performance besides their cooling methods?
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 6:05:03 PM

I have been hearing people say that its better to get the 670 now instead of the 680 due to price vs performance, since the 670 can match the 680 with a little tweaking.
m
0
l
!