Your question

$1000-1500 computer for digital artist

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Monitors
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2012 9:49:47 PM

Hi, I'm a digital artist using Mac and haven't looked at the PC market in the last five years so I'm very lost here.

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: Under $1500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator, Flash

Are you buying a monitor: Yes (budget not including monitor)

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Parts Preferences: I guess I would need a good graphic card, strong processor and lots of RAM.

SLI or Crossfire: Not sure

Your Monitor Resolution: I have a Samsung 19'' but might upgrade to 21'' to 27''. I've heard that IPS monitors are better for digital painting but not sure if I really need one.

Additional Comments: My main concerns are the visual quality and the workflow when working with huge files in Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator, Flash (sometimes 3 or 4 of them at once). I also want a quiet machine.

I've been working in Photoshop and Painter solely on my Macbook Pro, only using the 5 years old PC for some light tasks. Now I want to switch my workstation to the desktop for more work space and a larger screen and to use some Window-only graphic softwares. I also want to work with some 3D programs such as ZBrush and Maya in the near future (but not as much as the 2D programs).

Thanks in advance.

More about : 1000 1500 computer digital artist

September 6, 2012 1:47:01 AM

Thanks for your help, The Big Troll! I think I'll go with Windows.
m
l
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2012 1:48:39 AM

no problem. if you do want to use both OS's, you always have the option
m
l