Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ok will this work??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2012 6:50:25 PM

Hi I just Purchase a New Gpu & Psu on Saturday after I got help on a forum to find out which gpu was better & I came across that the video card has
8pin & 4pin & my Power supply doesnt have a 8 pin connector is this power supply will it work even tough it doesnt have 8pin connectors??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : work

July 17, 2012 6:59:46 PM

First that GFX has:
Power Connector 6 pin / 8 pin

Your PSU has:
PCI-Express Connector 2 x 6+2-Pin
So it would or should work.

If there is a problems, chances are the supplier made a mistake. Contact Customer Support.

And that board seem to have the spec that it will work with the GPU.
PCI Express 2.0 x16 1
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 6:59:57 PM

the power supply you showed comes with 2x6+2 pci express plugs (which would work with the card you bought). Is that the power supply you're currently using or one you would get if yours doesn't work?
m
l
July 17, 2012 7:02:13 PM

carowden said:
the power supply you showed comes with 2x6+2 pci express plugs (which would work with the card you bought). Is that the power supply you're currently using or one you would get if yours doesn't work?

oh ya so it would work?? for my motherboard & Card & No this is the psu I bought all together wit that Graphic card listed above I just didnt know if it would fit on my stuff or not!!
m
l
a c 255 U Graphics card
a c 259 ) Power supply
July 17, 2012 7:03:52 PM

Yeah you should have 2 x 6+2 pin connectors. That power supply is plenty for that card. It's a very good power supply.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 7:04:13 PM

I mean as far as I can tell it should all work together. it will block off the other pci slot below the pci express, but if thats not an issue to you then it should be fine.
m
l
July 17, 2012 7:04:17 PM

Supppose to get Package Today or Tommorow def cant wait
m
l
July 17, 2012 7:07:45 PM

oh ya not a issue to me lol & ya that what I hear anort3 but I also see on the feedback that when people have it longer then 30days it goes out or when they received it & they hook it all up doesnt turn on hopefully mine wont do either of that!! They told me to get that Psu
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 7:10:33 PM

it happens every once in a while, parts go bad or something goes wrong. the thing is a lot of people probably dont even bother going back to leave feedback when theyre happy with a product. the people that are pissed that it broke definitely go and complain about it, even though its just an rma and then they get a good product a week later
a c 255 U Graphics card
a c 259 ) Power supply
July 17, 2012 7:15:37 PM

Even high end brands can have defective parts. I have been building computers since the late 90s and the only part I have never received a defective one of is a CPU. I have had dead power supplies, motherboards, hard drives, graphics cards, even cases with broken fans.

The Corsair TX line is excellent overall and of the highest quality. Ignore feedback from newegg and similar sites. It's generally meaningless. Whomever told you to get that power supply gave you an excellent recommendation
m
l
July 17, 2012 7:16:05 PM

oh ya I see but ya if this power supply will handle everything I def cant wait to get my new stuff soon I was gonna switch out my Graphic card to this one but on shell shocker it didnt last not even 5hrs or more then price shot back up over 100 bucks more

m
l
July 17, 2012 7:33:15 PM

Best answer selected by michael06.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 7:39:31 PM

glad to help, hope you enjoy the new card and psu
m
l
!