Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba laptop L300

Last response: in CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:19:22 PM

can anyone tell me how to fix a toshiba L300 satellite laptop just keep shutting down and rebooting, sometimes it stays on for like an hour and if i just click on the mouse to open anything it shuts off when tried powering back on it sometimes reach the windows 7 loading logo then shuts off again, it shut down awhile ago and it just showing the power light on and the adapter light nothing is appearing on screen, screen just black but if i hold down the power button to restart it it will boot up but not all the time i just cleaned the fan, cpu i even put back fresh thermal paste on to the processor please help

More about : toshiba laptop l300

January 22, 2013 5:10:42 AM

What fan did you clean and why would you need to apply fresh thermal paste to the processor? It sounds like it's overheating because you tampered with the original setup. What was going on with it that made you get into it and clean it out and mess with the CPU?
m
l
January 28, 2013 10:42:38 PM

it was very dirty and had no thermal paste when i opened it its plugged in direct because my battery pack is gone as well its not over heating again but constantly shutting down sometimes nothing seems to appear on screen
m
l
February 7, 2013 12:21:10 AM

I'm guessing warranty is long expired, and even if it wasn't if you had opened it up and applied new thermal paste you probably voided it anyhow. Only thing I'd try is get a replacement battery, fully charge it and see how long it will stay on with a functional battery in.
m
l
!