Sign in with
Your question

GTS 450 GC Maximum stable OC?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2012 7:46:00 PM

So, I picked up the Galaxy GTS 450 GC several months ago, and it's been a pretty solid card. Sure it's not top tier GPU status, but it's gotten me through. I am also using a AMD Phenom II X6 1045t CPU with it.

Anyways, I have recently gotten into Arma 2 and Day Z, which...to say the least, are not optimized well. In Day Z, my framerate varies from 18 in city, to 50-55 outside of towns.

In Arma 2 however, I mostly get 40+ no matter where I am.

My question is this: If I overclock this card, would it even be a noticable difference in framerate? If so, I would be interested in knowing what I can OC to stable, and with what software is best for testing. I've been using Afterburner for quite some time to monitor my temps and control fan speed, so I am aware of how easy it is to overclock. I tried a couple of months ago, but ended up freezing up my computer and after that, I just set it back to stock speeds.

Anyways, have any of you overclocked the card? If so, what was the highest stable you had without adjusting voltage?

:Edit: I should add that Arma 2 is not the only game I play, of course. I play as many games as often as I can. Arma 2's poor framerate is just what got me in the mood to look into overclocking. This would be a general purpose OC.

More about : gts 450 maximum stable

July 17, 2012 10:24:46 PM

I managed to get a stable core clock of about 950mhz using the zotac version of the GTS 450 using msi afterburner, and without adjusting any voltage. The card can also reach 1ghz and the temp under full load is about 75c.
m
l
July 18, 2012 7:37:18 AM

jjtoutt said:
I managed to get a stable core clock of about 950mhz using the zotac version of the GTS 450 using msi afterburner, and without adjusting any voltage. The card can also reach 1ghz and the temp under full load is about 75c.

What is the stock core clock of the Zotac model? The Galaxy GC is kind of weird, and at 825mhz. Most of the others I saw were a bit higher than that though.
m
l
July 18, 2012 5:47:18 PM

my stock core clock is at 810mhz. These cards are usually good for overclocking
m
l
!