Sign in with
Your question

Feedback and suggested changes

Last response: in Systems
September 5, 2012 12:49:16 AM

So I'm looking for exactly as the title states, feedback and suggested changes on a build. This build is for a buddy of mine who really just plays WoW, and possibly GW2. Other than that, about all he does is game on it, and it had to be budget, so just seeing what people have to say about a current idea for a build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gzYe

I am looking for feedback again, and not looking to add anything new not on the list. Don't need any peripherals. Willing to go slightly higher on price, but not looking to go hundreds higher. I know I have no psu in there either, just couldn't choose one. Thanks for the input!

More about : feedback suggested

September 5, 2012 1:07:08 AM

That looks pretty decent. Not much to say other than the extra $100 for an i5 might be worth it. As well as a better graphics card for GW2 if he wants to do server v server pvp. I play GW2 and with my rig (look in my signature) when there are fights with like 30v30 people I go down to like 40 fps (other than that its a constant 60), even with my kickass graphics card. Just a thought.
m
l
September 5, 2012 1:09:14 AM

There's nothing there that screams "change me". It might be worth waiting a couple of days. The new Ivybridge i3 chips are out in next couple of days (already out in some places, I believe), and may be worth checking price/ performance, to see if better. Not seen any proper reviews, yet. For PSU, you need at least 450W one. Best to have a bit, in hand, the Corsair CX500 would be a decent choice. I know you are on a budget, but don't "cheap out" on PSU. False economy.
m
l
Related resources
September 5, 2012 1:21:27 AM

Oh I never go for the cheap psu, learned from experience there. I was just curious what someone might suggest. If they did play gw2, it would be very casual, so no need to spend tons more on a higher end gpu really imo. I will suggest waiting for the new cpus, but if they are impatient, the one I selected is the best bet for the price right?
m
l
September 5, 2012 1:59:21 AM

There is really no need to wait for new CPU's, unless you want to wait for Haswell months down the road...the Ivy Bridge i3's are out, it was just a silent release.
m
l
September 5, 2012 12:18:08 PM

nsouter853 said:
There is really no need to wait for new CPU's, unless you want to wait for Haswell months down the road...the Ivy Bridge i3's are out, it was just a silent release.

Has anyone seen any actual reviews, on i3 Ivybridge? There seems to be "some lack of agreement" whether the i3-3225 has HD2500, or HD4000, graphics, on board.
m
l
September 5, 2012 11:27:56 PM

malbluff said:
Has anyone seen any actual reviews, on i3 Ivybridge? There seems to be "some lack of agreement" whether the i3-3225 has HD2500, or HD4000, graphics, on board.

I only skimmed one review, it didn't look to exciting.

And the i3-3225 has HD4000. Look here:

http://ark.intel.com/products/65692/Intel-Core-i3-3225-...

Straight from Intel. It's the 3220 that has 2500, the 3225 with 4000.
m
l
!