Replaced PSU, nothing works...

ALPRAS

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hello there!

So, I recently bought a new Radeon HD4870, and my old psu wasn't powerful enough, so I had to buy a new one.
I've chosen a Corsair CX500 to replace my Eurotech Silent Pro 420w.
Everything went well in the replacement, but now my pc doesn't turn on...
Everything is working (or at least turned on),motherboard, cpu, fans, dvd player, graphic car, mouse, keyboard, etc, but no image appears in the screen. And the computer doesn't do the usual "bip" when it turns on.
So, I've unplugged every cable and plugged them again, but nothing...
Then, I tried to take of the graphic card. Nothing.
And then, I unplugged all RAM sticks except one. The computed did a lot of weird bips, so, nothing...

What could it be? I'm pretty sure every cable is plugged, but I don't understand why it doesn't turn on correctly...

Here's my specs:

Corsair CS500 500w
Motherboard Asus P5K SE
Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS (going to replace for a Ati Radeon HD4870)
Intel Core 2 Duo E2200 2.2Ghz
Western 500GB

ALPRAS

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I've re-connected my old power supply, same thing happens...
I'm almost sure that I'm not forgetting any cable, and I was extremely cautious doing this process, so I really don't know what's happening :(

ALPRAS

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Here's what the PC does when I unplugged the RAM sticks:
1GB- "biiiiiiiip bip bip"
2GB- "biiiiip bip bip bip"
4GB- nothing...

ALPRAS

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
There is no 12 pin in the mb, only a 24 one... And yes, both 24 and 4 pins are plugged in.
Both psus have sufficient watts to make the pc work.
The psu power button is turned on.

sorry I meant 24. Put 1 stick of memory in at a time and see if it boots. It sounds like a stick of memory went bad based on your 4GB nothing.

When I say 1 stick at a time start with 1 stick and if it boots shutdown put that in the "good" pile and start again with the next stick. Check all sticks that way.

Then if all check good start with adding memory. it is possible on of your memory slots is bad.