Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will Guild Wars 2 run on HD 4000 graphics?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2012 9:15:46 PM

I built my first computer with the 3570k and am playing Diablo 3 no problem now... Do I need to start thinking video card now? How much loot do I need to spend to play it if I need to buy one. Thanks.

More about : guild wars run 4000 graphics

July 17, 2012 9:31:29 PM

I'm looking at benchmarks. How many frames a second runs smoothly? I know higher is better. How many is good enough... Thanks.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 9:52:25 PM

30fps is considered smooth, and it's what I aim for.

I'm running on Intel HD3000 at 1366x768 resolution and achieve well over 30 fps in Guild Wars 2 (the beta weekends). I can't say how well it'll scale to something like 1080p, but HD4000 is much better than my 3000 (not to mention your chip will have an inherently better GPU than mine; mine's a mobile chip).

I think you should be fine. I don't think you'll have to spend any 'loot' right now, but you're also not going to play it at high settings (probably closer to low).
m
l
Related resources
July 17, 2012 9:56:55 PM

mousseng said:
30fps is considered smooth, and it's what I aim for.

I'm running on Intel HD3000 at 1366x768 resolution and achieve well over 30 fps in Guild Wars 2 (the beta weekends). I can't say how well it'll scale to something like 1080p, but HD4000 is much better than my 3000 (not to mention your chip will have an inherently better GPU than mine; mine's a mobile chip).

I think you should be fine. I don't think you'll have to spend any 'loot' right now, but you're also not going to play it at high settings (probably closer to low).

^^ Agreed, you may wanna consider getting a video card in future though so you can play it on max settings, also congrats on building your computer.
m
l
July 17, 2012 10:01:41 PM

The HD 7850 with no overclock plays guild wars 2 on max settings at like 60-70 fps apparently, that cards around the $200 mark, so you culd get away with less.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 10:03:23 PM

nicelynicely said:
^^ Agreed, you may wanna consider getting a video card in future though so you can play it on max settings, also congrats on building your computer.

Oh, definitely. Intel integrated graphics plays nicely with highly optimized games like GW2 and F3AR, and low-requirement games like D3 and Torchlight, but anything else (graphically demanding or otherwise unoptimized: see Metro 2033, BF3, Batman series) is going to be very troublesome for it.

When you finally come to the point where you have enough loot or simply feel you need a discrete video card, come back here and ask for recommendations.
July 17, 2012 10:14:54 PM

mousseng said:
Oh, definitely. Intel integrated graphics plays nicely with highly optimized games like GW2 and F3AR, and low-requirement games like D3 and Torchlight, but anything else (graphically demanding or otherwise unoptimized: see Metro 2033, BF3, Batman series) is going to be very troublesome for it.

When you finally come to the point where you have enough loot or simply feel you need a discrete video card, come back here and ask for recommendations.

Thanks. I am looking at Witcher 2 and Borderlands 2 as games I would like to play later. I also am getting a larger 24inch screen soon. Does the factor in the choices? Thanks for your help. Benchmarks are great, but I'm not always sure what they mean.
m
l
July 17, 2012 10:36:10 PM

Best answer selected by andyvet32.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 10:38:32 PM

andyvet32 said:
Thanks. I am looking at Witcher 2 and Borderlands 2 as games I would like to play later. I also am getting a larger 24inch screen soon. Does the factor in the choices? Thanks for your help. Benchmarks are great, but I'm not always sure what they mean.

Those two games fall exactly into the description "graphically demanding." You're definitely not going to get playable framerates on Witcher 2 - I can't even get playable framerates on Witcher 1 at my lowered resolution.

Your 24" monitor is probably going to be 1080p (monitor size isn't important; it's the resolution that matters here), so you'll be fine with games like GW2 and D3, but you are definitely going to want to get a video card before you get Witcher 2 or Borderlands 2.
m
l
!