Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Could i upgrade my processor in my laptop?

Last response: in CPUs
January 19, 2013 7:11:57 PM

Hello, I want to know if i could upgrade my processor in my laptop to a new one cause i want to play Tera online in High definition :fou:  . I have a laptop that's Samsung Amd-a6 quad core and its 1 years old. This is my laptop model: NP305E5A-S05CA. If I can't upgrade it what kind of gaming laptop do you think i could buy in a good price like 1000$.Cause, 1000$ is my budget line.
Plz help me.
January 19, 2013 7:49:23 PM

its more video card limited than the CPU dont think its worth it to spend 1000 bucks just to play a game in HD = =
January 19, 2013 7:57:34 PM

I know i just want to play all my games in Hd and have a good laptop thats doesnt lag that much.
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 7:57:44 PM

First off, no. In almost all cases it's only possible upgrading RAM and HDD or SSD in laptops.

If you got 1000$ in your budget, then why not buy a desktop? You can get a desktop that will run almost every game out there at 1920x1080 with ultra settings.
January 19, 2013 8:04:19 PM

true but i want to play my games with my friend and bring my laptop when i go to my cousin home in Toronto.
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 8:38:14 PM

Micchi said:
true but i want to play my games with my friend and bring my laptop when i go to my cousin home in Toronto.

You could get an mini ITX gaming desktop?

January 19, 2013 9:04:25 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
You could get an mini ITX gaming desktop?

Is it good for games like Tera,Guild wars 2 in medium or high definition or does it lag a lot when i play games.
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 9:14:48 PM

Micchi said:
Is it good for games like Tera,Guild wars 2 in medium or high definition or does it lag a lot when i play games.

It's a regular desktop in a small form factor, so it depends on what you put into it. If your friend or your cousin got a screen, keyboard and mouse. Then you could pick up your Little desktop and go anywhere while you still can enjoy the highest settings in almost any game.
January 19, 2013 9:22:30 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
It's a regular desktop in a small form factor, so it depends on what you put into it. If your friend or your cousin got a screen, keyboard and mouse. Then you could pick up your Little desktop and go anywhere while you still can enjoy the highest settings in almost any game.

But how about a gaming laptop that could play games in high definitions in a good price that's lower then 1000$.
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 9:25:29 PM

Micchi said:
But how about a gaming laptop that could play games in high definitions in a good price that's lower then 1000$.

That is VERY expensive compared to the performance you get. And you can't upgrade it, as you can't with your current laptop. If you got the desktop, then you can always upgrade when you're in need of performance. But I guess I can find a decent laptop for you. I guess you're living in USA, right?
January 19, 2013 9:58:17 PM

No I live in Montreal Canada. But i search the Mini X51 alienware and its pretty awesome and i could upgrade some parts. So maybe ill buy the alienware x51.
January 20, 2013 12:52:20 AM

Best answer selected by Micchi.
March 22, 2013 12:03:52 PM

If you wanna play games in Max settings including Tera, I recommend you this laptop. I'm currently using this one and so far, I don't have any problems running all my games in Max video settings. It's way cheaper than buying the alienware laptop. Just my opinion.
Here's the info about the laptop i'm talking about. http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g75vx/
!