Image bar in IE

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.

My question is:
Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images in IE6.0
*not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)

On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.

Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control Panel or
TweakUI?

--
Cheers,
Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)

    Hi Trevor,

    Assuming that you have installed the software and drivers that came with
    your printer, try this...

    START > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

    Scroll down to Print Spooler, highlight and rightclick, then select
    properties.

    Change the start-up-type-combo-box to Automatic

    Apply, OK, Close, and finally Reboot.

    Hope that helps

    Andy

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >
    > My question is:
    > Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images in
    > IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >
    > On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >
    > Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control Panel or
    > TweakUI?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

    Does "not work" mean not appear?

    If so, check to make sure that the image toolbar is enabled.
    Close IE
    Goto Control Panel, Internet Options
    Then goto the Advanced tab

    Under the Multimedia section, make sure the Image Toolbar is checked.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >
    > My question is:
    > Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images in
    > IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >
    > On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >
    > Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control Panel or
    > TweakUI?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

    Per Andrews instructions; try stopping the spooler service and restarting it
    again or changing the properties even if they appear correct.
    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >
    > My question is:
    > Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images in
    > IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >
    > On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >
    > Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control Panel or
    > TweakUI?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

    Andrew,
    Thanks for that suggestion.

    My setting was correct

    --

    Andrew Bailey wrote:
    > Hi Trevor,
    >
    > Assuming that you have installed the software and drivers that came
    > with your printer, try this...
    >
    > START > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
    >
    > Scroll down to Print Spooler, highlight and rightclick, then select
    > properties.
    >
    > Change the start-up-type-combo-box to Automatic
    >
    > Apply, OK, Close, and finally Reboot.
    >

    > Hope that helps
    >
    > Andy
    >

    > "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >>
    >> My question is:
    >> Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images
    >> in IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >>
    >> On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >>
    >> Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control
    >> Panel or TweakUI?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    >> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

    The image toolbar appears.

    Clicking on any icon but print causes the appropriate screen to come up.

    Clickign in print does nothing - no change , no new screen, just nothing

    --

    Gary Tsang wrote:
    > Does "not work" mean not appear?
    >
    > If so, check to make sure that the image toolbar is enabled.
    > Close IE
    > Goto Control Panel, Internet Options
    > Then goto the Advanced tab
    >
    > Under the Multimedia section, make sure the Image Toolbar is checked.
    >
    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >>
    >> My question is:
    >> Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images
    >> in IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >>
    >> On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >>
    >> Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control
    >> Panel or TweakUI?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    >> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

    Thanks, Jim

    I executed a batch file which stops and starts the print spooler and saw
    messages to say it was operating. After, I tried clicking the print icon on
    the image bar again but no luck, I'm afraid.

    --

    Jim wrote:
    > Per Andrews instructions; try stopping the spooler service and
    > restarting it again or changing the properties even if they appear
    > correct. "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >>
    >> My question is:
    >> Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images
    >> in IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >>
    >> On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >>
    >> Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control
    >> Panel or TweakUI?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    >> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client (More info?)

    Trevor, try reposting here, microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax , you may
    have better luck.
    BTW are you running services from the native _services.msc_ applet?

    > Thanks, Jim
    >
    > I executed a batch file which stops and starts the print spooler and saw
    > messages to say it was operating. After, I tried clicking the print icon
    > on the image bar again but no luck, I'm afraid.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >
    > Jim wrote:
    >> Per Andrews instructions; try stopping the spooler service and
    >> restarting it again or changing the properties even if they appear
    >> correct. "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> I am not sure what newsgroup to post this to.
    >>>
    >>> My question is:
    >>> Why does the print icon in the images bar on the top left of images
    >>> in IE6.0 *not* work for me (XP SP2 Home)
    >>>
    >>> On my wife's laptop (XP SP2 Pro) it does.
    >>>
    >>> Is this something that needs setting in the registry, the Control
    >>> Panel or TweakUI?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    >>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.frontpage.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Tony,

    Reposted.

    I have actually combined a few .msc's but I am fairly confident that I run
    the same module - it was the same before I combined it
    --

    Tony wrote:
    > Trevor, try reposting here, microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax , you may
    > have better luck.
    > BTW are you running services from the native _services.msc_ applet?
    >
    > "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Thanks, Jim
    >>
    >> I executed a batch file which stops and starts the print spooler and
    >> saw messages to say it was operating. After, I tried clicking the
    >> print icon on the image bar again but no luck, I'm afraid.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
    >> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >>
    >> Jim wrote:
    >>> Per Andrews instructions; try stopping the spooler service and
    >>> restarting it again or changing the properties even if they appear
    >>> correct. "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP