Sign in with
Your question

[Formatted] Please review my build for accuracy please :D

Last response: in Systems
September 5, 2012 4:18:08 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Around September 20th 2012

Budget Range: $2,000 (not including shipping)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Photoshop, 3d Gaming, 3d Movies (nVidia 3d w/ glasses support is a must)

Parts Not Required: keyboard & mouse (however, I would like suggestions for a good keyboard and mouse for pfs games.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com (BBB Accredited Business)

Parts Preferences: Intel Processor, nVidia GPU, Motherboard expansion options (multiple gpu 4x),

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: SLI nVidia

Monitor Resolution: Not specific on this, but I want my games to look amazing.

Additional Comments: Please review my parts list for accuracy. Thank you for reading and if you have any suggestions then please post them. Thank you!

Case- COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper $150
Mother Board- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 $270 (lots of room for expansion)
Graphics Card- GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB $400
Power Supply- COUGAR CMX 1000 COUGAR-1000CMX 1000W $130
Processor- Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W $230 (yay unlocked cpu ftw)
CPU Fan- COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus $30
RAM- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $48
SSD- Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F180GB3-BK 2.5" 180GB $150 (only using 165gb now)
Disc Drive- SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM $15
Monitor- ASUS VG Series VG278H Black 27" $600 (3d, light boost)

Total = $2,023

Other Thoughts:
1. I will add more ram and that same graphics card over time. I know gpu's must match.
2. Power Supply will be upgraded as needed.
3. I don't need a lot of hdd/ssd space.
4. I really really really want 3d in games and movies
5. I will get a blue ray disc player later.
6. Hoping someone will make sure that all these parts will work together.
7. I would like to add aditional 3d monitors to this setup as time goes on.

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think!
-unenergizer
September 5, 2012 4:47:04 AM

Change the motherboard to a cheaper Sniper. Infact,you don't need more than the UD5H.
Way too much power supply. Get 750W gold certified from seasonic/fsp/xfx
get 240/256 gb for a tiny bit more. You don't have to fit your space exactly.
Get a 24x burner for same price.
At that price I'd get ips and ignore 3D but to each his own.
September 5, 2012 3:41:08 PM

Hi what is UD5H and what is ips?

Thanks,
Unenergizer
Related resources
September 5, 2012 3:44:26 PM

Hi what is UD5H and what is ips?

Thanks,
Unenergizer

Edit sry double post
September 5, 2012 3:52:17 PM

The UD5H is another Gigabyte mobo; less expensive than the one you selected. IPS is a better display technology than TFT.

For my part, I'd remove the Crappermaster products and substitute alternates. It isn't that they're bad, but the company has been proven in competent technical reviews to be dishonest, so I cannot support them.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Cougar is not in the same league as the brands allan... mentioned. Antec and Corsair are also solid choices.
September 5, 2012 5:37:46 PM

^Well,I don't care much about integrity as about how good a product is,so for your peace of mind
The antec 902 and NZXT Switch 810 fall in that budget.
The Xigmatec Dark Knight Night Hawk cooler is better,but also costs abit more. You would need low profile (LP) ram with it though. GSkill Ares are great.
September 5, 2012 5:53:52 PM

Onus said:
The UD5H is another Gigabyte mobo; less expensive than the one you selected. IPS is a better display technology than TFT.

For my part, I'd remove the Crappermaster products and substitute alternates. It isn't that they're bad, but the company has been proven in competent technical reviews to be dishonest, so I cannot support them.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Cougar is not in the same league as the brands allan... mentioned. Antec and Corsair are also solid choices.

I think you mean TN. TFT is the panel technology.
September 5, 2012 10:41:52 PM

Too many people not caring about integrity is what has allowed rampant dishonesty to flourish, and hypocrites and parasites to dominate throughout the American political system. If the process of setting things right means calling out a small fish in a big pond (i.e. Crappermaster), then so be it.
!