Ati HD 5770 with AMD Athlon II X4 640

icebuken

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
hi there guys..I'm new to the community and also a nub when it comes to computers..I'm an online gamer and always want to play on multiple clients..i prefer low settings for optimum performance..I am playing a MMORPG and usually I play with at least 3 clients being opened at 800x600 resolution per client window..when I open up 4 clients, that's the time that i suffer a decrease in fps maybe because my gpu is weak or maybe my cpu is bottlenecking? idk..so I have considered on replacing my gpu with an ati hd 5770 (since i was suspecting that my gpu is the culprit)..any thoughts? or maybe suggestions that will optimized my system? budget for gpu is within the same price range of the 5770..

this is my current setup

asus m4n68t-m v2
amd athlon ii x4 640
4gb ram kingston
palit gt 210
600 watt psu
1333x768 max resolution (yeah i know its low)

thanks in advance..

edit:
i would like suggestions on what video card will give the best performance for my setup..by best performance i would mean that budget wont be taken into account..i just want the best performance for my setup and never mind the budget..TIA!

Solution
RAM would be a good place to upgrade as stated above. Also you should consider a 7750 as it just uses the power on the mobo and does not require a separate 6 pin supply. Performance should be similar if not better as it's drivers mature. Cheers.

icebuken

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
i could also upgrade my ram to max (8gb) if i find it still being slow like still having some problems with fps..i prefer the 5770 since the 6770 is just a rename of it right? and the psu that i have is just a generic one..i forgot the brand though..i'll try to post my psu later when i get home..im still in the office for now..so with the ati 5770 and a possible ram upgrade to 8gb, my system will be somewhat already optimized to performance? TIA!

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
RAM would be a good place to upgrade as stated above. Also you should consider a 7750 as it just uses the power on the mobo and does not require a separate 6 pin supply. Performance should be similar if not better as it's drivers mature. Cheers.

Solution

icebuken

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
ohh lol sorry about that..what i meant about it is that if budget is not an issue, what would be the best gpu that i can get without having bottlenecks..i can afford the 7770 but i just dont want to get a too much future proof gpu for now..us dollars is not my native currency but converting it to us dollars, the 5770 is worth like $90 in my country while the 7750/7770 is like $130-160..

SAleRon

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
U should upgrade your ram to about 7-8Gb... And For the GPU you should take a look at the GTS 450 1Gb... Its a good card and it should easily fit into your budget...