Trouble cloning to my Kingston SSD Drive

texasgoldbuyer

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hello,

I put in a Kingston SSD and I have created a boot disk for EaseUs 4.0 and it see's the drive but won't let me select the drive to restore my conventional HD to. Any ideas? Let me know your thoughts.

^ as above, must verify that everything on your "C" drive" will fit on SSD. If Your C drive is larger than SSD But all the files (including hidden files) are less than SSD size then cloning software must be able to shrink the HDD C partition to the Size of the SSD

First a question, Is the Bios set for AHCI for the HDD. You will need the bios set to ahci for the SSD (For intel chipset (did not see MB make/model) The bios can be set to Raid as long as the SSD is not a member of a raid0, unless willing to give up wind 7 Trim function.
If Bios was set to IDE mode, already have a problem.

Cloning a SSD -> SSD is great, But I DO NOT recommend cloning a HDD -> SSD.
Reason (assuming Bios Controller was set to AHCI and Not IDE):
.. You will have to manually enable trim in the registry;
.. Most likely you will not have the Partition aligned. On a clean install to SSD, windows 7 will create a small 100 mb partion and align the partitions properly.

texasgoldbuyer

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hello and thanks for the reply. The drive is smaller but enough room to handle everything. The computer is the Acer Aspire One D257-1497 Netbook. I just bought Ghost 15 as that is what I used to use but now it doesn't have the disk clone feature. I have both product installed and booting from flash drive. I can install Linux on this drive or Windows with no problems but just having trouble cloning to it.