dinkster9

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001
barton 2500+ are getting so cheap i might make another system....92 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick"
*grabs a stick and places it into the flames; mmmm, smores*
%Think before you act would be a good motto%

dinkster9

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001
not the point, getting a cpu of that speed for under 100 bucks is amazing. 4 weeks ago i bought the retail version of the 2500+ for 131 bucks. Didn't imagine it would drop 40 dollars in 1 month.

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
And I couldn't possibly imagine that my wonderful "ahead of its time" Videocard Geforce2 GTS would drop 85% in less then 2.5 years.

But really, you just had the badluck of buying it just before AMD slashed their quarterly prices. But you still have one heck of a CPU. Just like my GTS2! :smile:

Turk

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Or you could pick up some XP1700+'s (if you can still find them for an even cheaper amount).

Over here in Ozland the barton has dropped from ~$250 to ~$200 in the past 2 weeks. not too bad.
Think ill wait and see if they get any better

<b>My PC is so powerful it developed AI and enslaved me in a make believe virtual world... called Freelancer</b> :lol:
<A HREF="http://www.picturetrail.com/master_poobaa" target="_new">PooBaa's Pics!</A>

RCPilot

Champion
I just got my $131 2500 put in my MOBO & the same thing happened, price drop. Oh well, what you make on the apples you loose on the grapes, if you know what I mean.

I also bought the 2400 when it was $208 in Nov., now look at that price. Amd has been getting my lately. I can't figure out when to buy them anymore. They sure don't hold there value long now days, do they?

Honey, what's that smell? Don't bother me now I'm working on my computer! OOPS!

dinkster9

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001
oh, i love it. Just wish AMD had emailed me a few weeks ago, so i could have saved 40 bucks :)