Corsar 400R vs CM HAF 922 vs CM storm scout 2

saad123abc

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
hi i have these option for cases my budget is 110$ i want a case with cable management option, cooling, and features( in that order) this is my system
mobo: gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud3
CPU : AMD FX-6300 potentially at 4.2 GHz
GPU : amd radeon hd 7870 (xfx double d black edition)
RAM : 2x8 ddr3 1600 cas 10
PSU : raidmax rx-600AF
CPU cooler: cooler master v6 or hyper 612
ssd: a-data xpg sx910 128 gig
hdd: 2x1 tb wd black

any advice is appreciated tell me about better options if you think there is thanks

Solution
The 400R is a great case, but like alot of Corsair cases they are just hotboxes. I like the HAF series, I had a HAF X and some days it was cold enough in there to cool my drinks! HAF cases are very good for airflow, what they normally give you is a balance of noise/performance. Their 200mm fans are fantastic, they are the quietest 200mm fans available, and also have one of the highest CFM's.

Have you bought that system yet? If you haven't, I would definitely change the PSU to something more reliable, and go for a Hyper 212 evo. I would also go for a 7870 Hawk from MSI, the DD coolers on XFX cards have bad VRM cooling and are quite loud for its cooling performance.

JJ1217

Honorable
The 400R is a great case, but like alot of Corsair cases they are just hotboxes. I like the HAF series, I had a HAF X and some days it was cold enough in there to cool my drinks! HAF cases are very good for airflow, what they normally give you is a balance of noise/performance. Their 200mm fans are fantastic, they are the quietest 200mm fans available, and also have one of the highest CFM's.

Have you bought that system yet? If you haven't, I would definitely change the PSU to something more reliable, and go for a Hyper 212 evo. I would also go for a 7870 Hawk from MSI, the DD coolers on XFX cards have bad VRM cooling and are quite loud for its cooling performance.

Solution

hitme987

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012

My corsair 500R cooling is way better than a HAF 922. My friends HAF 922 is just too loud, mines dead silent with all the case fans fixed in(9 total). And Imo, performance of stock corsair fans > Cooler master fans. 500R/400R beats HAF922 in no. of case fans, features (particularly 500R). Corsair 400R/500R is interior Black Coated which looks a lot more stylish than the normal metal type interior of HAF 922.

My recommendation would be 500R. It has a gigantic 200mm side fan, Top Added Dust Filter, Removable HDD cages to support the longest Graphic card yet, Fan Speed controller, Amazing airflow with 3x120mm and 1x200mm, Looks great with 3 LED's (these are the features additional to what Corsair 400R has). The side panel with LED ON looks absolutely stunning to watch really.IMO it really justifies the 20$ increase over 400R for all these reasons.