Question about warlock mounts

Last response: in Video Games
September 6, 2005 11:50:40 AM

So I've been thinking that warlocks get a mount quest when they hit
level 40 and don't have to pony up the $$, partly because that's what
the manual said and partly because I've seen some lvl41 locks on what
appear to be fel steeds. My friend, however, says different; that I
have to buy a horse like everyone else and don't get my epic mount
quest until lvl60. Is there just a place to buy horses with flaming
hooves? Or is he wrong? Could someone enlighten me?
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:30:15 PM

Not only is the warlock mount free, you get exp for acquiring it.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:58:38 PM

drmikepierce wrote:
> So I've been thinking that warlocks get a mount quest when they hit
> level 40 and don't have to pony up the $$, partly because that's what
> the manual said and partly because I've seen some lvl41 locks on what
> appear to be fel steeds. My friend, however, says different; that I
> have to buy a horse like everyone else and don't get my epic mount
> quest until lvl60. Is there just a place to buy horses with flaming
> hooves? Or is he wrong? Could someone enlighten me?

Warlocks have a quest to get a horse at level 40 and a much better but harder
to get one at 60
September 6, 2005 5:35:15 PM

> So I've been thinking that warlocks get a mount quest when they hit
> level 40 and don't have to pony up the $$, partly because that's what
> the manual said and partly because I've seen some lvl41 locks on what
> appear to be fel steeds. My friend, however, says different; that I
> have to buy a horse like everyone else and don't get my epic mount
> quest until lvl60. Is there just a place to buy horses with flaming
> hooves? Or is he wrong? Could someone enlighten me?

Not sure if its the same as a Paladin, but I think when I went to the
trainer at 40 he had a quest for me, but it was hardly a quest, I think all
I had to do was find another Dwarf in IF who just gave me the Summon
Warhorse spell.

I'm pretty sure you friend is yanking your chain and is jealous!
I've always wondered why give two classes free mounts? There must be some
sort of ballance to it ? Maybe because they don't have any decent long
lasting buffs for use in combat. Also on Horde side do only Warlocks get
free mounts?

Now at 60 I have collected all the materials and paid all the money but
havent bothered to do the quests for the Charger yet. I heard the warlock
epic mount quests are even harder than pallys, prob just opinion though.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:22:23 PM

On 2005-09-06 13:58:38 +0200, John Burton <john.burton@jbmail.com> said:

> drmikepierce wrote:
>> So I've been thinking that warlocks get a mount quest when they hit
>> level 40 and don't have to pony up the $$, partly because that's what
>> the manual said and partly because I've seen some lvl41 locks on what
>> appear to be fel steeds. My friend, however, says different; that I
>> have to buy a horse like everyone else and don't get my epic mount
>> quest until lvl60. Is there just a place to buy horses with flaming
>> hooves? Or is he wrong? Could someone enlighten me?
>
> Warlocks have a quest to get a horse at level 40 and a much better but
> harder to get one at 60

Indeed, at level 40 you get your felsteed quest, which is a cheap ass
run from NPC A to NPC B and back to NPC A quest. It has the same stats
as a normal level 40 mount (60% speed increase). Main difference is
yours is a summon and it takes slightly longer to mount than a regular
mount (my impression in any case), it also uses mana but on the other
hand it doesn't use a slot in your inventory.

The dreadsteed is acquired at level 60 through a much harder (mainly
collector) questline. The items to collect are expensive profession
items (look up Arcanite Bars as an example), but the summoning event in
the end is one of the coolest quests in the entire game IMO. Same stats
as a regular epic mount (100% speed increase) and same differences as
with the felsteed.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Fugwump wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you friend is yanking your chain and is jealous!
> I've always wondered why give two classes free mounts? There must be some
> sort of ballance to it ? Maybe because they don't have any decent long
> lasting buffs for use in combat. Also on Horde side do only Warlocks get
> free mounts?

Yes us horde warlocks get the free lil undead pony. Mine is named Elmer =)

However, heep in mind *WE* have to not only buy spells for us, we have
to buy grimoires for our minions, so 'locks leak money fairly seriously
every 2 levels. Heck, I spent 42 gold on my level 60 spells, and making
sure I had every single grimoir including some of the lower ones I
passed over - no telling what I may need in strath/scholo/MC, and 5 gold
respeccing from affliction to destruction.

On the plus side, with careful shepherding, I have almost everything I
need for my epic lil undead pony [to be named alpo], and am now
collecting the gold to buy the potion and the dust, one arcanite bar and
10 elixirs of shadowpower to go=)
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 7:23:58 PM

Thanks to all who responded! I've been saving $$ but think I'll blow
it taking my succubus on a date. You're right about training be
pricey for locks, the quest for a horse must be a balance thing.
Wahoo!

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:23:57 GMT, Sonnenschein <margali@99main.com>
wrote:

>Fugwump wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure you friend is yanking your chain and is jealous!
>> I've always wondered why give two classes free mounts? There must be some
>> sort of ballance to it ? Maybe because they don't have any decent long
>> lasting buffs for use in combat. Also on Horde side do only Warlocks get
>> free mounts?
>
>Yes us horde warlocks get the free lil undead pony. Mine is named Elmer =)
>
>However, heep in mind *WE* have to not only buy spells for us, we have
>to buy grimoires for our minions, so 'locks leak money fairly seriously
>every 2 levels. Heck, I spent 42 gold on my level 60 spells, and making
>sure I had every single grimoir including some of the lower ones I
>passed over - no telling what I may need in strath/scholo/MC, and 5 gold
>respeccing from affliction to destruction.
>
>On the plus side, with careful shepherding, I have almost everything I
>need for my epic lil undead pony [to be named alpo], and am now
>collecting the gold to buy the potion and the dust, one arcanite bar and
>10 elixirs of shadowpower to go=)
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 7:23:58 PM

Wait... you can name the fel and dreadsteeds? How?

"Sonnenschein" <margali@99main.com> wrote in message
> Fugwump wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure you friend is yanking your chain and is jealous!
>> I've always wondered why give two classes free mounts? There must be
>> some sort of ballance to it ? Maybe because they don't have any decent
>> long lasting buffs for use in combat. Also on Horde side do only
>> Warlocks get free mounts?
>
> Yes us horde warlocks get the free lil undead pony. Mine is named Elmer =)
>
> However, heep in mind *WE* have to not only buy spells for us, we have to
> buy grimoires for our minions, so 'locks leak money fairly seriously every
> 2 levels. Heck, I spent 42 gold on my level 60 spells, and making sure I
> had every single grimoir including some of the lower ones I passed over -
> no telling what I may need in strath/scholo/MC, and 5 gold respeccing from
> affliction to destruction.
>
> On the plus side, with careful shepherding, I have almost everything I
> need for my epic lil undead pony [to be named alpo], and am now collecting
> the gold to buy the potion and the dust, one arcanite bar and 10 elixirs
> of shadowpower to go=)
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:50:25 AM

Matt Gluesenkamp wrote:
> Wait... you can name the fel and dreadsteeds? How?

I wish, but I refer to my felsteed by the name elmer and my guildies
know who i am talking about=)

i really wish we could name them ourselves=)
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:30:40 PM

Jack D <jack_221NOSP@Mhotmail.com> wrote:
> The dreadsteed is acquired at level 60 through a much harder (mainly
> collector) questline. The items to collect are expensive profession
> items (look up Arcanite Bars as an example),

And don't forget the 400 gold for items you have to buy from some
NPCs. So I guess it's roughly the same price as the other epic mounts,
considering the time and money you spend searching for mentioned items
and doing the necessary quests (especially before 1.6 when it was a
pain to get a questgroup for Scholomance).

> but the summoning event in the end is one of the coolest quests in
> the entire game IMO.

Yes! Although the fight during the creation of the summoning circle is
a bit boring if you've got two warlocks. ;-)

--
Erick
!