Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

The New Haswell CPUs?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
Anonymous
January 20, 2013 2:29:23 AM

I'm going to be building a computer in the very near future (featuring a 3570k and 660Ti) and I was wondering:

Should I buy these components now and just deal, or

Wait the 4-6 months it's gonna be for the i5 Haswells and GTX 700 series? (And just use Windows 8)

This is a tough decision because idk if it is worth it to wait.


(Also I wouldn't be actually building until the summer, as I want to space my part purchases out with my paychecks...

I'm open to any feedback, in either direction. :D 

Thanks!!!!!

P.s. Here is my current parts list, and no, I don't want to change anything abouti it. :kaola:  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ybPR

--Cale

More about : haswell cpus

a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 3:13:38 AM

The new NVIDIA graphics cards shouldn't be out until fall, at least most of them. Haswell should be out by then. Get something like the Radeon HD 7870 because it's just cheaper and for me better, people also say it's an epic overclocker! Although the new Radeon HD 8xxx's should be out by then, like I said not long ago, at least most of them.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:24:21 AM

If you NEED somthing now get it. If you already have a decent pc then wait. i took the 7970ghz instead of waiting and i cant say i regret it. by the time i upgrade again 8xxx seires will have price drops due to 7xx and ill get my self a decently priced 8970. if you buy a gpu as soon as it arrives it will cost a premium price wait for competion for nvidia to drop prices then you buy somthing. so just get a 7870 and if you need more later get more. but a 7870 at 1080p is more than sufficient
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:27:42 AM

I'm waiting on a Haswell i3/i5 with a 8850 man, the processor is something you can get now cause really, performance wise it won't be a big leap, but with graphics cards, MASSIVE leaps as usual.
Share
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:30:47 AM

payturr said:
I'm waiting on a Haswell i3/i5 with a 8850 man, the processor is something you can get now cause really, performance wise it won't be a big leap, but with graphics cards, MASSIVE leaps as usual.


Yea your right. its smart to wait for gpus. cpus Dont even matter that much get a i5 3570k and that will last awhile. i know my friend on a i7 930 from like 2years? ago and hes overclocked it and happy. Get the i5 3570k it wont bottleneck anything really nice cpu

Ps:if you have the money get a intel cpu. you dont wanna have to overclock to get rid of a bottleneck like me
Score
0
Anonymous
January 20, 2013 4:31:26 AM

Best answer selected by CaleTheKing.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:32:20 AM

payturr said:
I'm waiting on a Haswell i3/i5 with a 8850 man, the processor is something you can get now cause really, performance wise it won't be a big leap, but with graphics cards, MASSIVE leaps as usual.

It's a better deal to wait for the 8850 to come out and then go buy something like a 7950.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:32:47 AM

At most, the performance difference between a Core i7 970 & a 3770K is about 30%, and that can be cancelled out by overclocking - the market is very stagnant so, massive performance changes are not to be expected.
Score
0
Anonymous
January 20, 2013 4:33:18 AM

payturr said:
I'm waiting on a Haswell i3/i5 with a 8850 man, the processor is something you can get now cause really, performance wise it won't be a big leap, but with graphics cards, MASSIVE leaps as usual.


Very good point...I'll have to do some research to see when the GTX 7xx and Radeon HD 8xxx come out, and if it is worth that wait...but get the i5 3750k now.

If it's after like June, then I'll just pick up the EVGA 660Ti I already have picked out ...
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:34:35 AM

payturr said:
I'm waiting on a Haswell i3/i5 with a 8850 man, the processor is something you can get now cause really, performance wise it won't be a big leap, but with graphics cards, MASSIVE leaps as usual.

Also the graphics card performance leaps aren't that big. The current gen was a decent leap due to a change in architecture. I would guess %10 performance increase but a lot more expensive.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:34:45 AM

I would go with the 8000 series, they're expected to be out around June time, and have a performance difference between 15-30% over the last gen cards WHILE becoming cheaper, they're gonna be really awesome - but it depends on what you like & what not.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:36:13 AM

payturr said:
I would go with the 8000 series, they're expected to be out around June time, and have a performance difference between 15-30% over the last gen cards WHILE becoming cheaper, they're gonna be really awesome - but it depends on what you like & what not.

It's still not proven. It will be cheaper if you wait until 2014.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:37:02 AM

But really in the end it depends what people need. Some people are happy with there 560 ti and i3 running games on medium. while others want ultra aa maxed mssa maxed. in the end i think you can probably last on a rig for about 2-3 years imo

For example my 7970 or someones 680 can last for a decent time but me personally i bought this 7970 like 2weeks ago and ill be upgrading to the 7xx of nvidia why? just cause i like new tech everyone different
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:37:40 AM

melikepie said:
It's still not proven. It will be cheaper if you wait until 2014.

Not proven but, its a pretty good expectation - on top of that, I think he'll blow his brains out if he has to use HD4000 until next year xD
I'm probably gonna go with a Haswell Core i3 and pick up the 8850, probably will stick with the Core i3 for a solid 3 years (4 if BCLK is overclockable), and I'll be trading in graphics cards every 2 years or so.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:39:35 AM

stantheman123 said:
But really in the end it depends what people need. Some people are happy with there 560 ti and i3 running games on medium. while others want ultra aa maxed mssa maxed. in the end i think you can probably last on a rig for about 2-3 years imo

For example my 7970 or someones 680 can last for a decent time but me personally i bought this 7970 like 2weeks ago and ill be upgrading to the 7xx of nvidia why? just cause i like new tech everyone different

The graphics will slightly increase over time with the same graphics card but you wont see the new graphics effects unless you have the better graphics card.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:40:33 AM

payturr said:
Not proven but, its a pretty good expectation - on top of that, I think he'll blow his brains out if he has to use HD4000 until next year xD

Some people use the 8800gt. But my 7970 will beat the poop out of the 6670's in the new consoles.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:41:21 AM

melikepie said:
The graphics will slightly increase over time with the same graphics card but you wont see the new graphics effects unless you have the better graphics card.


thats true. esspically when gpus support dx12 and the people on there old rigs have dx11. but who knows when those new features are coming out

Oh No im feeling sick someone mentioned consoles those boxes with inferior hardware running 720p? while still costing half a grand? ew. a 7970/680 will probally be faster than a console for atleast like 10years lolol
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:45:32 AM

stantheman123 said:
thats true. esspically when gpus support dx12 and the people on there old rigs have dx11. but who knows when those new features are coming out

Oh No im feeling sick someone mentioned consoles those boxes with inferior hardware running 720p? while still costing half a grand? ew. a 7970/680 will probally be faster than a console for atleast like 10years lolol

I don't like how people with consoles always say bad things about PCs. I always hated sniping in 1080p, couldn't stand trying to find out which bunch of pixels is the player and which is the plant :) .
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:59:50 AM

Its because console gamers DONT KNOW there simply children. me and you have knowledge of pc hardware and know that its LEAPS and bounds beyond a pathetic console. :-) They think console graphics and pc graphics are the same. also they think that a gaming pc will cost 2000. Which isnt true you can build a decent gaming pc for like $700 Kids pfft
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 5:43:18 AM

Whatever you do DON'T space your purchases out for 6 months. That is a horrible idea. Save your money, buy when you are ready to build.

WHY would you want to burn time on the warranty and have parts sit around you can't use? Or find out you have had a DOA part for 6 months and can't return to the seller? Nevermind prices will always be lower later so your paying extra money to have them just sit there and lose value.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 6:24:30 AM

unksol said:
Whatever you do DON'T space your purchases out for 6 months. That is a horrible idea. Save your money, buy when you are ready to build.

WHY would you want to burn time on the warranty and have parts sit around you can't use? Or find out you have had a DOA part for 6 months and can't return to the seller? Nevermind prices will always be lower later so your paying extra money to have them just sit there and lose value.

I find no reason to buy half the items not and then the other half later as well. Although if you want to get BF3 up and running you could upgrade in 6 months although I would recommend using an old graphics card, buy what you can then or just simply wait although you would have to hold up on flying jets into people :) .
Score
0
!