morrise001

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
My system specs are:

MOBO: MSI p67-gd65
CPU: intel i5 2500k
PSU: CoolerMaster gx650w
GPU: MSI 560 ti twin frozr II

The problem I'm having right now I believe is related to my graphics card but I could be wrong. Several months ago I was having problems with my video drivers crashing every few minutes while browsing the internet regardless of browser. I was also unable to play any games because of artifacting and screen tearing. I changed the drivers several times and did countless restores to no avail. A day later after booting and doing one last restore, everything began to work fine and I've not done anything since then.

The problem of drivers crashing began again today. I was playing Skyrim yesterday with no problems whatsoever. Today when I got on to play, noticed the colors on the Skyrim emblem had some purple and green in it and upon loading a game the screen artifacting. After that the drivers began constantly crashing, I believe it was 2.95.??. I'm not sure exactly but I updated to the latest drivers this afternoon and after rebooting the screen had a shade of pink all over. I proceeded to reboot when things went from bad to worse.

The computer will boot, show the post screen, the MSI "military grade parts" screen, and the "starting windows" screen. After that, the screen goes blank and no matter how long I let it set, nothing else will come up but the mouse. This could be a PSU problem but I've had this PSU running this setup for just over a year now so I believe it is an issue with the card. The last thing I can think of to try is to reseat the card but I don't know if that will help. Both fans of the card spin and everything boots up so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated. As it stands now I'm prepapring to RMA my GPU with MSI and just going ahead and getting a new, different card.

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

morrise001

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
*Update*

I reseated the card tonight, checked all the connectors, and rebooted to no avail. I still get no display after the "starting windows" screen. Anyone have any ideas?

morrise001

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
The last boot I did today after reseating the GPU was in safe mode and it returned the same results as before - a black screen after the "starting windows" page.