How can I access my remote computer anytime with LogMeIn?

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Okay, so LogMeIn works great IF someone is at the remote computer to "accept" the other person's request to access it.

However, I need to be able to access the remote computer when I'm not there (obviously), so how can I setup a user so I can logon to it anytime?

Here's what I've tried:
1) When the message pops up on the server I give that request full access. (However, when I try to connect again I must "accept" it again.)
2) I logged on to my LogMeIn.com account on the internet and tried to create users. Nope! Can't do it! (The support area says to do this on the remote computer, but this only sends another invitation which must be accepted.)
3) So, I logged on to my LogMeIn.com account and pulled up the computer icon and clicked to "remote control" it. It logs on, asks for Windows username and password (which I have) and then says the connection was refused by the receipient.

Argh! This is so frustrating!

This is why I recommended VNC Viewer 4 in another post you made a few days ago. It only requires one person (you) to make the connection. It is as I said, when VNC 4 is added to the Windows startup, you can even re-boot the terminal computer and re-gain access after it starts up again. This program does not use any central server or connection hub, it is one computer to the other directly. You'll see the terminal computer's desktop as though you are sitting in front of it with total control. I use it and it is wonderful.

Both. One you will choose to be the server (target) computer and the other is client (remote controller). You'll enter the IP of the server and that number gets entered into a small connection window (it remembers this number, but can be changed just by entering another) and when you click "Connect" it will authenticate with the server machine and you are in. It actually does not require a log-in password if it is only used in a LAN, but that is left up to you when you set it up and can be changed any time.

The server is added to Windows startup so it is always there, ready whenever you come knocking at it's door.

If you have dynamic IP addressing on the server, you can use DDNS to always get the IP when you need it.

It's free, so you should try it and.. love it.

It runs on port 5900 by default but you can use any port you like....very easily.

VNCServer.jpg

From their website, See subject : "Connecting to a VNC Server"
HERE

If the VNC server is using a non-standard port number to accept connections then this is specified by adding two colons to the server's address or name, followed by the port number:
They have an error showing in the picture... it only shows one colon... oops :(

It would probably work on port 80, I don't know.. the server I am privileged to access is running the default 5900.

Remember, the free version works great, but does not include encryption. You could try the free version and update to the pay version if you like the performance of the free version after trying it.

G

You must have done something wrong. I use LogMeIn all the time and don't have to "accept" anything. What pops up asking to "accept" something. If it's a firewall, just check remmeber this answer.