"Search..." in folders' context menu

How do you get rid of "Search..." in the context menu for folders in
windows explorer? I'm using freeware to replace this crippled
function, and want to get rid of the extra item in the context menu.
2 answers Last reply
More about search folders context menu

    > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find

    That was it. Thank you.

    Run regedit
    Remove HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find

    If you need to put it back, copy these lines into a textfile
    Rename it to find.reg and double click it.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find]
    "SuppressionPolicy"=dword:00000080

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find\command]
    @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
    00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\
    65,00,00,00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find\ddeexec]
    @="[FindFolder(\"%l\", %I)]"
    "NoActivateHandler"=""

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find\ddeexec\application]
    @="Folders"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\find\ddeexec\topic]
    @="AppProperties"

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Spacey Spade" <spaceygum@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > How do you get rid of "Search..." in the context menu for folders in
    > windows explorer? I'm using freeware to replace this crippled
    > function, and want to get rid of the extra item in the context menu.

Configuration Windows Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP