lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
That would depend entirely on the underlying game engine, how well threaded it is, and how core speed depended it is.

Generally speaking though, Intel has AMD beat.

Edit:
You are saying "more powerful cards" as in graphics cards? If that is the case, then AMD as Intel currently have no discrete graphics Cards.

Also you really have to be more specific, what games are we looking at, older games only utilizing one or two cores, new multi threaded games, are we looking at power consumption too, price, upgradeability of the platform of choice, really need to set some criteria for the comparison of brands.

EzioAs

Distinguished
Intel has more powerful cards than AMD for gaming?
----------------------------------------------------
No.... :pfff: :non: :lol:

Intel has more powerful processors than AMD for gaming?
------------------------------------------------------------
Depends. They do have quite the lead in gaming on the more expensive side ($130 and above. Piledriver is still a viable option) but AMD does have great options as well for the lower budget builders.

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Thanks for the edit I was rushing. And It's going to be used for almost every game really down to the old games up to the latest and power consumption is not that big of an issue, price neither and desktop. Anything else you need to know just fire away.

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Thanks price isn't an issue so would a Intel processor run better than an AMD with exactly the same specs? Or would they be exactly the same?

EzioAs

Distinguished
It's useless to spend anything more than an i5-3570K, which is the best processor for gaming (as primary usage). Tom's Hardware just did their best cpu for gaming article, look up on that and buy based on your budget.

They dont have anywhere near similar specs? if you want new build advice go follow the guide.

www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice

You're not providing information or answering questions and your topic reads like trying to start a flame war.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

read the question again cant be to hard to miss,

EzioAs

Distinguished

The question: Obviously Intel have insanely more powerful cards than AMD do but which brand is better for gaming?

Intel have more powerful cards? You're with him on this? :lol: :lol:

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

lol hahaha you dont know that NVidia is with intel

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

I accidentally wrote cards.

Sorry dude. Intel is better, AMD is cheaper. So an AMD with "the same" specs is not as good as an Intel with the same specs...

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

lol this kid has to be 12 amd has better graphics card right now, you been listening to ur other 12 year old friends to much at school. lol he doesn't even know that NVidia only makes intel drivers. but noooo intel doesn't have a relationship with NVidia because a 12 year old said so

EzioAs

Distinguished

What's with you and graphics card? OP wanted to know which processpor/CPU (Central Processing Unit) is better. He made a mistake at the first post and he admitted it just now. We're not talking about graphics card/video card/GPU/video adapter/graphics adapter, we're talking about CPUs here.

Mine is bigger.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

whats wrong with you im talking to the other guy spreading false information, if you read the comment it wasn't aimed at ops question I already answered it.