Turns on, but fans do not operate, and there is no beep.

Damuffinator

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello community!

I seem to be having trouble with my new homebuilt system. After the computer is turned on, the power and activity LED's turn on, and I can hear the system itself start up, but then that's all that happens.

None of the fans operate, and I hear no beep from the speaker. Also, I'm unable to turn the system off without directly turning it off by pressing the power switch at the back.

Before mentioning, yes, I went through this thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

and I was unable to solve my problem.

The optical drive is able to open and close fine, the monitor says it's not receiving a signal despite being plugged in, and the activity LED is not flickering, but simply holding a solid light.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm a beginner at this, but I followed instructions quite thoroughly putting it all together.

Thanks!

Damuffinator

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Alright small update here,

I took everything apart and decided to essentially build it pieces at a time. Starting with just the power, cpu, and memory, I managed to get the motherboard lights to turn on - which didn't happen before. However, there was still no beeps from the speaker.

I just finished adding the CPU cooler with the fan, and turning it on still has the lights go on, but the fan remains off. Is this a sign of anything yet?

EDIT: Added on video card - fans on video card spinning, a good sign, but CPU cooler fan not. Also no beeps yet.

EDIT 2: Added monitor on - it still says DVA no signal.

TRENDING THREADS