Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
First of all, here are my specs.

-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz
-8GB RAM
-ASRock H61M-HVS
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

Now, I'm asking this because it has come to my attention that my power supply might not be sufficient to run Skyrim. After some questions, from both Bethesda and Steam users, I was told my PSU might be the cause of some Blue Screens and game crashes. (Crashes seemed to be common for this game, but none of the troubleshooting tips had worked for me.)

My PSU came with my computer and is labeled as an "Arctic 480W." I've looked it up but couldn't find it. I was told that it seems like enough wattage for my system, but might not be reliable because it's not a good brand.

I was actually going to jump right in and buy this Corsair CX600W PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

I didn't want to get too ahead of myself, and found out that that PSU was tier 3 on this list:

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/1/323050/ShowThread.aspx

I ended up considering this Rosewill PSU as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182132

The Rosewill PSU is Tier 2 according to the list, and it seems like a huge jump. But after some looking around, I've seen people say Corsair is a better brand than Rosewill, who apparently just rebrands items.

Which of these two is better for my system? Any other recommendations that are below my spending limit of ~$70-$80?

Solution
If the CX600 is $40 right now (after rebates) it's an absolute steal. Is it the best PSU in the world? No. But it has everything you need, plenty of power and solid quality. For that price, there's not much that can compete.
Also, that is a newer version of the CX600 so it's possible it's not on the list.

Normally, I'd recommend anything with Seasonic bits (XFX, Antec HCG etc) but for the price that's a very good deal.
The Rosewill one is very good, and modular, but it's quite a lot more expensive.
The Antec mentioned above is great but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money either.

SDM69

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

I actually came across that one. However, a 40 watt jump didn't seem like too much so I thought something around 600 would be better.

There's more to it than that, the Arctic 480 is a low quality piece of crap that might be the equivalent of a 350 watt psu, the Antec puts 480 of it's 520 labeled watts on the 12v

Rammy

Honorable
If the CX600 is $40 right now (after rebates) it's an absolute steal. Is it the best PSU in the world? No. But it has everything you need, plenty of power and solid quality. For that price, there's not much that can compete.
Also, that is a newer version of the CX600 so it's possible it's not on the list.

Normally, I'd recommend anything with Seasonic bits (XFX, Antec HCG etc) but for the price that's a very good deal.
The Rosewill one is very good, and modular, but it's quite a lot more expensive.
The Antec mentioned above is great but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money either.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.