[Q] How/When to use mind control?

At higher levels priests (and others?) gain the ability to control humanoid
minds. How does this work? Once the spell is cast, how precisely is the
target controlled and what can the caster make the target do?

Cheers,

In <b56dnQtnLsZ5LoDeRVn-3w@comcast.com> "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> writes:

> At higher levels priests (and others?) gain the ability to control humanoid
> minds. How does this work? Once the spell is cast, how precisely is the
> target controlled and what can the caster make the target do?

It's a channeled spell, meaning you can't do anything else while MC is
active, and it has a time limit.

While MC is active, a pet action bar pops up with an Attack icon, as
well as icons for any other spells or abilities that particular mob has.

The camera switches to follow the monster, and your movement commands
apply to the monster instead of yourself.

Sadly, I don't think you can make the monster /dance. :-(

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

Mel

John Gordon a écrit :
> In <b56dnQtnLsZ5LoDeRVn-3w@comcast.com> "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> writes:
>

>>At higher levels priests (and others?) gain the ability to control humanoid
>>minds. How does this work? Once the spell is cast, how precisely is the
>>target controlled and what can the caster make the target do?
>

> It's a channeled spell, meaning you can't do anything else while MC is
> active, and it has a time limit.
>
> While MC is active, a pet action bar pops up with an Attack icon, as
> well as icons for any other spells or abilities that particular mob has.
>
> The camera switches to follow the monster, and your movement commands
> apply to the monster instead of yourself.
>
> Sadly, I don't think you can make the monster /dance. :-(

but you can make it take a dip in the lava pool :)

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:50:36 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
wrote:

>John Gordon a écrit :

>> Sadly, I don't think you can make the monster /dance. :-(

You can't - if you do /dance while running MC the priest, not the mob,
starts dancing and since you can't dance and channel a spell at the
same time MC breaks.

>but you can make it take a dip in the lava pool :)

Yes, but mobs cheat and takes no damage from a lava dive.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann