Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problem with AMD 12.6 driver

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 18, 2012 10:09:22 AM

Hello.

I'm having problems with my PC since i installed this driver. I'm not entirely sure if it's because of it, but since i upgraded to this version my screen goes blue, with no message, and i have to manually reset the computer. It used to happen in the previous version, but only when i raised the memory clock in amd overdrive. Now it happens without changing anything. My card is a Radeon HD 7850.

Anyone experiencing this problem too? Is there any solution, or i'll have to go back to 12.4 again?

More about : problem amd driver

a c 103 U Graphics card
July 18, 2012 1:47:39 PM

are you getting a BSOD error message when your screen turns blue? or is it just a blank blue screen....if you are getting an error message please give us the hex code....its gonna be like 0x0000001E or something like that....I would try going back to 12.4 if you can and see if that solves the problem...make sure you remove the old driver and to be thorough run a ccleaner scan and driver sweeper if you can before installing the new driver
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 18, 2012 2:10:27 PM

Hiya,

There's been a lot of reports of these issues with the 12.6 and 12.7 beta drivers. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any solution from the threads I've read. Rolling back to 12.4 seems to be the only way though maybe try 12.7 beta first.

Be sure to report this to AMD so they can fix it in the 12.8 release:

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EC4
Related resources
July 19, 2012 12:27:58 PM

Best answer selected by okamoto.
m
l
July 19, 2012 12:30:52 PM

drums101 said:
are you getting a BSOD error message when your screen turns blue? or is it just a blank blue screen....if you are getting an error message please give us the hex code....its gonna be like 0x0000001E or something like that....I would try going back to 12.4 if you can and see if that solves the problem...make sure you remove the old driver and to be thorough run a ccleaner scan and driver sweeper if you can before installing the new driver

As i said, no message. And i always use driver sweeper.

Quote:
Hiya,

There's been a lot of reports of these issues with the 12.6 and 12.7 beta drivers. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any solution from the threads I've read. Rolling back to 12.4 seems to be the only way though maybe try 12.7 beta first.

Be sure to report this to AMD so they can fix it in the 12.8 release:

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EC4

I already sent a message to amd.

Well, so it seems there's no way other than downgrading it to 12.4 for now. Thanks for the elucidation.
m
l
!