My Build and its Components

Hector3436

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello everyone. I have received all of the pieces of my build and I will be putting everything together tomorrow. I wanted to see if there is any advice I should follow or warning before proceeding with it. Any help would be very helpful. Thank you.

Asus DirectCU II 660ti
Asrock Extreme-4
Intel Core i5-3570k
G Skill 16gb 4x4 2133 mHz Z series
1 tb sata 2 7200 rpm samsung
128gb ssd samsung
Samsung 22x DVD Burner
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
3 140mm Case Fans
TP-LINK Wireless N Dual Band Adapter
Nxzt Bronze 850 w Modular (for SLI in future)
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi High Performance
Asus VS239h 23.5"
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3d
Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 32w

Solution
Howdy,

Complete noob here. My first build in June worked great right outta the box - very similar to yours. My advice since you asked:

1. Have another computer nearby and step by step follow youtube's newegg computer build parts 2&3.
2. The above will take you though the build very nicely. I'm of average intelligence and this computer works great !
3. The CM 212 was a little trickier to install than i thought - but I youtubed a couple sites - piece of cake when you see someone else do it
4. I'd set aside 4-5 hours (I'm average and easily distracted) just so you are not rushed
5. Connecting the case to the MOBO was a pain in my ass !! :)

Good Luck !!

DeusAres

Distinguished
Just grab yourself a screwdriver and something to quench your thirst. Keep liquids away from the build itself though (obviously). Also, you may wanna set aside a good amount of time (3-4 hours) just to make sure you can get it done in one sitting.

I suggest you discharge static electricity often by reaching over and touching the exposed metal of your case (assuming you don't have a static wristband).

One more thing, here's a helpful tutorial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8

Good luck!

odiervr

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Howdy,

Complete noob here. My first build in June worked great right outta the box - very similar to yours. My advice since you asked:

1. Have another computer nearby and step by step follow youtube's newegg computer build parts 2&3.
2. The above will take you though the build very nicely. I'm of average intelligence and this computer works great !
3. The CM 212 was a little trickier to install than i thought - but I youtubed a couple sites - piece of cake when you see someone else do it
4. I'd set aside 4-5 hours (I'm average and easily distracted) just so you are not rushed
5. Connecting the case to the MOBO was a pain in my ass !! :)

Good Luck !!

Solution

Hector3436

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

The stand offs are the screws for MOBO to the case am I correct?

Hector3436

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

Yeah I bought a static wrist strap, a mat, and a screwdriver kit (lol overly protective here).

odiervr

Honorable
May 1, 2012

The standoff's separate the mobo from the case - provide a 'stand off' distance. The screws go through the standoffs. Youtube newegg part 2 ... sounds challenging, very easy when you see him assemble the computer.

Good Luck !

TRENDING THREADS