Sign in with
Your question

W8 reboot issues

Last response: in Windows 8
January 29, 2013 12:36:44 AM

PC is rebooting after inactivity.... Just completed a build for a friend. After w8 install all seemed well; however the mobo drivers disk reads something to the effect that is not suitable for windows 98 so I am unable to install the drivers. Not sure how w 98 comes into this, but moving on... Build is a simple barbeone kit from Tiger Direct:

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
AM3+ 1045t 2.7ghz x6 cpu
8gb ram
Ultra 550LS psu

Not using any other hardware besides a single dvd rw drive. Basically it seems that windows 8 installed the hardware without the disk. Okay I thought. I checked for updated drivers from Gigabytes website, but its seems there aren't any for w8 64 bit.

I can consistently get the PC to reboot after about 2 minute of inactivity which leads me to think that it is a sleep issue conflict; however it only seems to do it on initial bootup and not a restart. Im not sure what to change in the settings as I am far from an expert. Just know enough to get in trouble.

My 2 questions,

1.) What do I need to check in my power settings to make sure it stops rebooting on sleep.?
2.) Why is it that there is no drivers available for this board for Windows 8 64 bit? None that relate to graphics anyhow. Only one I could find is network driver.

More about : reboot issues

January 29, 2013 12:46:37 AM

*installed the software...typo
m
l
January 29, 2013 12:47:22 AM

Use the latest drivers from the motherboards manufacturing website. The drivers on the CD are almost always out of date.

m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 12:49:37 AM

warhead0 said:
Use the latest drivers from the motherboards manufacturing website. The drivers on the CD are almost always out of date.

There were no drivers listed for my windows version other than ethernet drivers.
m
l
January 29, 2013 1:18:29 AM

Windows updates should cover the rest, hence only the network drivers. Hate that they only do it this way.

Check the device manager to make sure all the drivers are done, make sure windows updates have been done.
m
l
!