W8 reboot issues

scobod22

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
PC is rebooting after inactivity.... Just completed a build for a friend. After w8 install all seemed well; however the mobo drivers disk reads something to the effect that is not suitable for windows 98 so I am unable to install the drivers. Not sure how w 98 comes into this, but moving on... Build is a simple barbeone kit from Tiger Direct:

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
AM3+ 1045t 2.7ghz x6 cpu
8gb ram
Ultra 550LS psu

Not using any other hardware besides a single dvd rw drive. Basically it seems that windows 8 installed the hardware without the disk. Okay I thought. I checked for updated drivers from Gigabytes website, but its seems there aren't any for w8 64 bit.

I can consistently get the PC to reboot after about 2 minute of inactivity which leads me to think that it is a sleep issue conflict; however it only seems to do it on initial bootup and not a restart. Im not sure what to change in the settings as I am far from an expert. Just know enough to get in trouble.

My 2 questions,

1.) What do I need to check in my power settings to make sure it stops rebooting on sleep.?
2.) Why is it that there is no drivers available for this board for Windows 8 64 bit? None that relate to graphics anyhow. Only one I could find is network driver.

scobod22

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012

There were no drivers listed for my windows version other than ethernet drivers.