Final Build *edited*

Kev80

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
For anyone who didn't read my last post, I'm on a budget of around $1500, I mainly game on the PC and I'm eventually, sometime in the next couple of months, going to get a 2nd monitor and video card. I might go with a tri-screen setup sometime, but I'm not entirely sure yet. 2nd monitor will be used to browse the internet while I'm gaming.

I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard already.

*edit*
I've decided to go ahead and order everything today. The only problem is, I'm not sure what RAM to get, most everyone has said go with 8GB as 16GB is just way overkill for a gaming PC.
I picked G-Skill Sniper low voltage series, but after reading some reviews on it, it has compatibility issues with the z77 mobo's, now I'm completely at a loss as to what to get.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gOkE

Other than the RAM, everything else look ok? Will I be able to add a 2nd GTX670 without any issues?

Kev80

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Thanks. Is 16GB of RAM not worth it for a gaming PC?

And also, this is my first time building a PC, is there anything else I need to buy? thermal paste, extra case fans?

g-unit1111

Titan

No it isn't. Games won't use all of that RAM. There's always a couple of exceptions though - if you play say Civ V on large maps, then the extra RAM would come in handy.

And you don't really need to buy anything extra - most of the accessories you need are included with one part or another. Your motherboard includes SATA cables, your PSU includes cable ties, your case includes all the mounts and screws you need, your GPU includes the SLI bridge and appropriate power adapters, etc. You don't need extra thermal paste as the Hyper 212 includes an excellent solution, and case fans will be useless until you get your build up and running and see how many mounts your case has, and what direction your fans will be pointing in.

That build looks pretty good to me. I say go for it.

Kev80

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Ok, just went to Newegg to add everything to cart and the ASRock Z77 extreme4 mobo comes with free RAM right now ... it's G-Skill Ares 8GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231546, I guess that answers my question about what RAM to get.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah that's good RAM - I usually recommend that a lot on builds.