Sign in with
Your question

Water Cooling

Last response: in CPUs
January 20, 2013 12:46:43 PM

Starting this new year I decided to upgrade my PC with a few new things. One of my crazy ideas to play around with is water cooling for my set up. Now that being said I've read a whole bunch of articles on customized system and manufactured systems. I have yet to see any manufactured products that are aesthetically pleasing to me but I understand that it's an easier set up and easy to maintain. On the other hand I would rather much customize my water system even though there is a bit more labour involved. Now here are some of my questions.

Which would be better bang for the buck. Custome or manufactured?

Is my power supply enough to get by or do I need something new?

What exactly is a single loop or a double loop?

I understand that I need to remove the heat sink and fans on the GPU, do I need to remove the actual shell (technically its just a plate at the front that lights up which I don't want to remove)?

In general any tips and tricks for a noob like me?

Corsair TX750
SLI Galaxy MDT GTX 580
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4x x 4gb) DDR3 1866
i5-2500K Sandy Bridge
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM
ASUS DRW-241st
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

More about : water cooling

a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 1:03:41 PM

Are wanting to water cool your cpu and gpu? You might want to try a xspc kit from frozen cpu for your first run at water cooling. As far as your psu as long as you have an extra molex plug for the water pump you should be fine. I would get a 360 rad to cool both cpu and gpu. You will need to purchase a water block for you specific gpu and you take the fan and shell off your card and mount the gpu block. Don't forget to test you water loop for leaks before installing it in your case.
m
l
January 24, 2013 12:25:16 AM

I've been trying to buy parts to customize my water cooling. It's just so much information and I can't seem to get a good grasp of what's good and what's bad. Right now I'm looking at reservoirs and pumps. I have no clue what's good and what's bad. Should I be buying them seperately or have a combo.
m
l
!