Icons

July 25, 2005 2:04:02 PM

Dear all,
The background of the icons isn't transparent and the description of it (ie.
My Computer) is having a solid background not transparent as before. Any idea
why.??

--
*********
IT Manager

More about : icons

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:47:25 AM

Right-click on your desktop and select:

Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.

Also, check this setting:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:

| Dear all,
| The background of the icons isn't transparent and the description of it (ie.
| My Computer) is having a solid background not transparent as before. Any idea
| why.??
|
| --
| *********
| IT Manager
| DeLaval Ltd.
| Cairo-Egypt
| *********
||-----------------------------|
||Islam is peace not Terror|
||-----------------------------|
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:05:01 AM

Hi Carey,
I tried this but it's not mainly checked. The background is updated using a
GPO but the file for the background is located at the PC. This makes the
icons looks very owful.
--
*********
IT Manager

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click on your desktop and select:
>

> Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
> and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.
>

> Also, check this setting:
>

> Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
> Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
> Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
> for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Ibrahim Awwad" wrote:
>
> | Dear all,
> | The background of the icons isn't transparent and the description of it (ie.
> | My Computer) is having a solid background not transparent as before. Any idea
> | why.??
> |
> | --
> | *********
> | IT Manager
> | DeLaval Ltd.
> | Cairo-Egypt
> | *********
> ||-----------------------------|
> ||Islam is peace not Terror|

July 28, 2005 3:48:02 AM

Hi Carey,

I am have having the same problem as Ibrahim, both the below mentioned boxes
are checked yet still I am getting a background color behind my icons on my
desktop! I really cant be too sure why, as they were always working.

I have an NVIDA graphics card, could it possible be something to do with that?

Thanks

!