Closed Solved

Please help me!

Hello all, my name is Vinit. I have got a new CPU assembled which have
1 Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard
1 i3 3rd Gen 3220 Processor LGA1155
2 4GB Corsair Vengeance
1 2GB Nvidia GT 620
1 500GB Seagate HD
1 1TB Seagate HD
ATX Cabinet with 550V power supply

The main problem the CPU/Computer takes time (15 mins+) to boot. (From Bios to Windows logo). After that it works normally.
So what can be the reason behind the time taken to go from Bios to Windows logo screen?
What can I do? Any solution to this problem.
I'll be highly grateful!
Thanks in Anticipation!!
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please
  1. did it just start or has it always done this?
  2. Right click on Computer and click on Manage and then select Event Viewer. Go to the System - Windows logs section and check which process is taking up more time during booting up. Try checking the boot speed in safe mode and compare.
  3. Best answer
    Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

    All the best Brett :)
  4. anonymous1 said:
    Did you reuse the Hard Drive that already had windows installed on it?

    Yes I did use the hard drive which had windows already installed. After that I formatted the drive and again installed the Windows, but still the same problem.
  5. te100 said:
    did it just start or has it always done this?

    It just started. Also it's a new CPU except the hard drive which I already had.
  6. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

    All the best Brett :)


    Thanks for the info, but I am new to this.
    Can you tell me where can I get this and how should I do it?
  7. te100 said:
    Right click on Computer and click on Manage and then select Event Viewer. Go to the System - Windows logs section and check which process is taking up more time during booting up. Try checking the boot speed in safe mode and compare.


    I went and saw the events but I didn't understand a thing :(
    Also I have saved the events, if possible I can send you via email.
  8. Also I have Windows 8, if this information is useful!
  9. vinit5191 said:
    It just started. Also it's a new CPU except the hard drive which I already had.


    Did you install anything new or make any changes? if so try a restore point prior to when it began
  10. te100 said:
    Did you install anything new or make any changes? if so try a restore point prior to when it began


    I installed Windows 8 fresh and nothing else has been installed.
  11. try running check disk make sure no errors on hd
  12. te100 said:
    try running check disk make sure no errors on hd


    Is it right click on properties of drive, then select tools tab and check the disk. I did that too and no errors were found.
    :(
  13. I am going to school now. Will check back later.
    Thanks guys!
  14. What are the revolution speeds of your hard drives? Also, how old are they?
  15. The Indomitable said:
    What are the revolution speeds of your hard drives? Also, how old are they?

    Both are 5400 RPM
    500 GB one is 3 years old and 1TB is 2 years old. Also my OS (Windows 8) is installed on 500GB one
  16. te100 said:


    The same problem occurs if I install Windows 7 also.
    I again formatted and installed Windows 8 because when compared with Win7 it boots faster (within 15 mins on Win8)
  17. bump
  18. Best answer selected by vinit5191.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs