Below 800$ first gaming rig. Opinions?

nsouter853

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hello!

At first glance I notice that there are two motherboards and no hard drive...mistake maybe? You're also going to need a power supply.

I like your choice of CPU/GPU though. Perfect for a lower-end price range in my opinion.

Make sure not to overlook the PSU, it's important. A PSU can make or break your build.

For the mobo, might I suggest this: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130645&Tpk=z77a%20g45

It's a pretty sweet board for that price, and is what I would choose at that price range. It's only a small step down from what I have in my rig, which is as good as is practical (for gaming purposes).

Also, and this might be hard to take, have you considered just waiting a bit and getting a better budget? Think about how long you will have this PC for, and how many hours you will use it. Is it really worth saving maybe a month max just to get it sooner? I would weigh your options and just save up more until you can get a more beefy rig (with a nice GTX 670 or something). Just a thought though.