Sign in with
Your question

Triple Monitor Display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 18, 2012 4:26:36 PM

Hello,
Question is this my little bro has the chance of another 2 monitors for a triple display setup. he currently has the ben q e2220hd and has been offered 2x benq g2220hd cheap. will the three monitors run in triple monitors using nvidia control pannel all 3 are 1920x1080.

Any help would be appreciated

More about : triple monitor display

a b C Monitor
July 18, 2012 4:45:26 PM

What graphics card is he using?
July 18, 2012 5:13:10 PM

He's using an nvidia card, but even with a pretty decent nvidia card you won't get the same quality of triple monitor gaming as you get with AMD Eyefinity. (not meant as a fanboy remark, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5fi3ARXWKc)

But if you do have a good nvidia GPU and you get 2 cheap monitors, i'd go for it.

Anyway if you could tell us what Graphics card is in that PC, we might be able to give a good answer. :) 

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
July 18, 2012 5:29:44 PM

quiggy2512 said:
Hello,
Question is this my little bro has the chance of another 2 monitors for a triple display setup. he currently has the ben q e2220hd and has been offered 2x benq g2220hd cheap. will the three monitors run in triple monitors using nvidia control pannel all 3 are 1920x1080.

Any help would be appreciated

I love multiple monitors. It is best if all 3 monitors are identical, so you get the exact same color characteristics. But it looks like
they are similar enough in size and resolution.

Unfortunately, it takes a newer strong graphics card, like a GTX670 to attach three monitors.
Most lesser or older nvidia cards can attach only two of the three ports.
If the main usage is for desktop work, web browsing, etc, then just add a second $30 graphics card to attach the third.
Or, if you also have integrated graphics, you could attach the third monitor there.

If the primary usage is for gaming, most games are not supporting triple monitor gaming. Games will be directed to the primary monitor. The other two could be attached to the secondary graphics card.
For triple monitor gaming, the graphics card needs to be stronger to manage 3x the normal number of pixels.
If he has a GTX670 or better, go for it.
!