GTX 560 TI temperatures? (safe)

I've just bought a new setup, and my GTX 560 TI is idling at 38C, and under load (Minecraft, higher settings etc.) it's up to 80C.

80C seems a bit high, should I be worried?
12 answers Last reply
More about temperatures safe
  1. No. it should work fine. It's operating within it's design parameters.
  2. dfusco said:
    No. it should work fine. It's operating within it's design parameters.

    Would it be worth investing in a better cooling system?
  3. Its a bit high, I would recommend downloading MSI Afterburner and setting up some fan profiles.

    You can set a curve to turn up the fan automatically. Like at 70C, the fan speed goes up to 75% or something like that:

    http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

    You don't need an MSI card before you ask.
  4. Not really unless you are willing to pay $50-90.
  5. Deemo13 said:
    Its a bit high, I would recommend downloading MSI Afterburner and setting up some fan profiles.

    You can set a curve to turn up the fan automatically. Like at 70C, the fan speed goes up to 75% or something like that:

    http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

    You don't need an MSI card before you ask.

    My GPU came with software called 'Thunder Master' which allows me to do the same thing. I can either set a static fan speed, or a automatic one which adjusts dependant on the temperature.
  6. I can't seem to find what it is, but if it works the same then set it to automatic. I just like Afterburner because you can set a curve, so the automatic isnt making the card blow and make noise all the time.
  7. Deemo13 said:
    I can't seem to find what it is, but if it works the same then set it to automatic. I just like Afterburner because you can set a curve, so the automatic isnt making the card blow and make noise all the time.

    So is 80C too high for a load do you reckon?
  8. Its nothing to worry about, but its still a bit high.
  9. GeorgeGeee said:
    So is 80C too high for a load do you reckon?


    If it hits 100C then I would worry, not at 80.
  10. Any tips on how to cool it down?

    Here's where I stand the PC:
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3576/dsc0006cd.jpg

    This is with the side fan:
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1530/dsc0008jy.jpg

    This is without the side fan:
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6299/dsc0010xj.jpg
  11. 80 is an O.K. temp for GPU heavy games. But for Minecraft? You have a cooling problem.
  12. rocknrollz said:
    80 is an O.K. temp for GPU heavy games. But for Minecraft? You have a cooling problem.

    I just ran Minecraft with it on my other screen. It sloooooooooooowly crawled up to 68-70 and stopped there.

    I will be testing it with CoD/Crysis 2 soon, they're downloading.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Minecraft Graphics