Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PSU power surge help?

Last response: in Components
January 20, 2013 3:43:36 PM

my system:
pcpartpicker.com/p/oofv

when I was playing a game with everything out all of the sudden my PC shut down and I got this error http://puu.sh/1Qc1J
could anyone help me please? Thanks!

More about : psu power surge

a c 259 ) Power supply
January 20, 2013 4:36:26 PM

Your link failed. What power supply do you have?
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2013 4:40:54 PM

and specs ?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 259 ) Power supply
January 20, 2013 6:34:39 PM

Well the CX 600 is not the best power supply in the world but it's not by any means a bad one either. It should be plenty of power for your listed system.

Has that ever happened before?

Even though the CX 600 is a quality unit it still could be a bad unit as even the very highest quality models have a bad unit slip through sometimes. So the question is do you have a bad power supply or a bad motherboard. Asus boards show that error when they think the power supply is not sufficient for your components.

Any way to try a different power supply? If I had to guess I would say it's most likely a bad power supply but there is a small chance it could be the board too.
a c 1173 ) Power supply
January 20, 2013 6:35:41 PM

Your budget series Corsair CX600 CMPSU-600CX V2 is based on the old CWT DSA II Series 600W platform that doesn't have dedicated voltage regulation.

ASUS Anti-Surge has also been known to be too overly sensitive to voltage variations on some ASUS motherboards.

For troubleshooting purposes borrow and try a better quality power supply to see if that solves your problem.
Score
January 22, 2013 3:00:37 AM

anort3 said:
Well the CX 600 is not the best power supply in the world but it's not by any means a bad one either. It should be plenty of power for your listed system.

Has that ever happened before?

Even though the CX 600 is a quality unit it still could be a bad unit as even the very highest quality models have a bad unit slip through sometimes. So the question is do you have a bad power supply or a bad motherboard. Asus boards show that error when they think the power supply is not sufficient for your components.

Any way to try a different power supply? If I had to guess I would say it's most likely a bad power supply but there is a small chance it could be the board too.

No it has never happened before. I was playing sims 3 on high graphics when it happened. But I have played more graphically intense and possibly more power consuming games like Skyrim, Borderlands 2, etc. on high graphics. I have had the computer for about 3 weeks.
Score
January 31, 2013 11:00:23 PM

Best answer selected by 457undead.
Score
!