jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-Radeon-Graphics-Dual-DVI-DisplayPort/dp/B0057PW7A4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3HE27JDOPUYVW&coliid=I2K614OWZZPW03

This is the graphics card I've been looking at, in my opinion it's a good GPU at a good price. Can anyone share their opinions on the deal as this will be my first major upgrade since I build my PC and I'm not an expert by any means. I currently have a Radeon HD 6570 (1GB GDDR3) and it manages the games I'm currently playing ok but I want to be able to use high/ulta settings at a highish FPS.

I have a 750w 80+ bronze PSU and a enoungh space in my case for a 290mm card.

Is this a good deal or can someone suggest something better at around the same price?

BTW I've asked questions like this before so just in case someone is going to ask; No I am not willing to spend £400 on some amazing card, I know it will be the best, I'm not ******* stupid but I can't afford it!

Thanks in advance!

That's a great price on tha card, and I have one and love it. Its a great card and I can run anything I throw at it on high. Even BF3.

What games are you going to be running and at what resolution?

480 is similar performance slightly better but has massively higher power consumption and will not overclock as well. Up to the OP to decide which suits him best. There also DX 11.1 support but thats not likely be be a big deal.

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

Currently Playing:
Crysis 1&2
BF3
Skyrim
AC Revelations
GTA 4
Batman: Arkam City

I also play Minecraft on highest settings @100FPS but I want to be able to use 'Sonic Ethers's Unbelievable Shaders Mod'. It basically it just makes the game look loads nicer, but currently when I use it I get 15FPS at best.

Looking forward to playing:
Far Cry 3
AC 3

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

Sorry, when I got my PC I thought I swapped all of my Xbox games for the PC versions with my friend so I was just remembering all of my Xbox games, but Forza is still sitting under my bed!