Changing drive letters

I am trying to restore my files from a Maxtor external drive. My comp keeps
assigning the backup drive d: but the files stored are F:. Currently f: is
assigned to my DVD drive. How do I change these assignments? Any help
appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about changing drive letters

    Right Click My Computer>Manage>Disk Management>Right Click your Rom
    drive>Change Drive Letter or Path> change the letter of this drive then you
    can repeat the process for the other drive. You will receive a message while
    doing this that some info on the drive may not be accessible, go ahead and
    do it because that is why you can't access your info now is because the
    drive letter is changed.

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "Phoenix Phred" <Phoenix Phred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I am trying to restore my files from a Maxtor external drive. My comp keeps
    assigning the backup drive d: but the files stored are F:. Currently f: is
    assigned to my DVD drive. How do I change these assignments? Any help
    appreciated.

Configuration Customization Windows XP