Changing drive letters

I am trying to restore my files from a Maxtor external drive. My comp keeps
assigning the backup drive d: but the files stored are F:. Currently f: is
assigned to my DVD drive. How do I change these assignments? Any help
appreciated.

Right Click My Computer>Manage>Disk Management>Right Click your Rom
drive>Change Drive Letter or Path> change the letter of this drive then you
can repeat the process for the other drive. You will receive a message while
doing this that some info on the drive may not be accessible, go ahead and
do it because that is why you can't access your info now is because the
drive letter is changed.

--
Good Day
River Rat