Nvidia drivers seem to have serious issue

Hello everyone. I have an EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 installed in my desktop computer and just recently, I have been experiencing some problems. I have had the same hardware setup for over a year now, but just a few days ago, I started getting some driver failures (driver has failed but recovered). It happened a few times a day, but everything else was working fine. Just today though, I can't even watch videos on my computer anymore. I was trying to stream something online earlier (tried both Firefox and IE) and my screen was suddenly filled with weird artifacts all over. When I try to watch a video file in VLC, both VLC and the display driver will both crash.

So far, I have tried removing all NVIDIA drivers with Driver Fusion and reinstalling the latest drivers. I always uncheck every box during installation except for the driver itself. I have also tried an older version of Firefox and an older version of the NVIDIA drivers and nothing has worked so far.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about nvidia drivers issue
  1. - How old is the card?
    - When was the last time you cleaned out the GPU fan and heatsinks with compressed air?
    - Does your case have good airflow and what are you normal room temps?
    - Did you do a driver update just prior to your problems?
  2. Your card might be overheating, and it might just be failing. If the older drivers don't work, then it's probably not a driver issue. You might want to look into getting a warranty replacement.
  3. The card is maybe 2 years old. The room is air conditioned, so I don't think that's a problem. I'm pretty sure the fans are fairly clean, but will clean them out to see if that works. Also, I have a pretty good case with 3 case fans installed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Graphics