• It's like if I had my vacuum cleaner on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People don't hear me when I talk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrZeruel

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hi! I might need to change my PSU if I can't find a way to fix my current one, so just in case I'm starting to look around for what PSU's stores around me are selling, and I found the "OCZ ZT 750W Power Supply".

Now, I've read several reviews, and in general people are happy with the performance of the PSU, there is only one problem I keep hearing... it's REALLY LOUD.

Now, I'm good at concentrating in something and ignoring noise around me, so depending on how loud is it I might get it, people sometimes (heh) tends to exagerate

Sooo.. I'm creating a poll to figure out how loud is it :p

Thank you in advance

PS: if someone has any way to calculate the decibels of the noise it would help if you post them too xD

D

Deleted member 217926

The questions that should be asked before recommending anything are why do you need to change what you have now? What do you have now both power supply and components? And why do you need 750 watts?

Ordering online is usually much cheaper than buying in a store. What is your budget?

MrZeruel

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
from what i know, ocz fixed it with the newer ones. the old ones were like helicopters

About the PSU noise, they fixed it? if so, how do I recognice the fixed ones and the bad ones? is there a serial or anything I can check? the ones over here could be old.

The questions that should be asked before recommending anything are why do you need to change what you have now? What do you have now both power supply and components? And why do you need 750 watts?

Ordering online is usually much cheaer than buying in a store. What is your budget?

Importing to my country is really hard, that's why I'm not buying it online, and I have to actually work with what I can find around here

Why I need 750w? I don't think I need that much, 650w seems to be enough for my 660ti, but here are mostly basic desktop PSU's, and finding decent ones are hard, in decent stores I basically find a lot of reaaaaally bad 600w, this OCZ, and then it jumps to 1000W... sooo it's not so much that I need 750, it's the only thing I can find

If you want to know the details of what's wrong with my current PSU, it's here: Link

And the reason why I can't simply buy the cable is the import

D

Deleted member 217926

Actually with a single 660 Ti a 450w unit is fine.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

The Thermalake TR2 you have is one of the worst "name" brand power supplies on the market. Pretty much anything by Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ, Antec or the higher efficiency Rosewill units will give you a good unit. Do you have access to the Corsair 430 CX? If so it's usually cheap and it's plenty of power for your system.

Avoid Thermaltake and Coolermaster. Although they are "name" brands most of their power supplies are junk.

There are quite a few other brands that might be available to you that are still very good that I have not listed. The ones I listed are more common here in the US. What is available to you?

MrZeruel

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Thank you all.

Thermaltake is actually one of the feeew brands (the rest are simply generic) that can be found around here, generally stores try to find cheap stuff to sell, that's kinda the reason why I got exited seeing a OCZ :p.

It seems like the cable is going to work, I ran some tests and all 12v pins are 12v (11.98) and ground is ground, but I'm still kinda interested in the OCZ PSU, I'll go around and bring your list just in case, it might prove useful :p

But back to that unit, Anyone knows how can I identify if that PSU is the fixed one or the old one? can't find that info anywhere.

Thank you all :)

PS: I know that lower wattage could work, but as I said, it's not so much about choice :p but I'll still look around.