Nvidia Resizing Problem Leave black bar on right

omgitzslash

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hello all, I am having a bit of a issue with a little black bar on the right of my screen. I am using an HDTV Sharp Aquos 32 inch as my computer monitor with an HDMI cable going to my graphics card. When I go into the resize tab of the Nvidia control panel and start the process of manually setting my screen to fit my TV using drag bars, the top, bottom, and left are all fine until you look at the right side of the screen, there is a small but obvious black part of the screen.

Pictures

http://imgur.com/a/msnEi

Problem:
Need to get rid of black box on the right of my TV

Solution:

I'm not sure, my only possible option (if at all possible) would be to figure out a way to actually center the Nvidia resize tool.

Things i have tried.

1. resizing with the regular windows settings. ( Right click on desktop>screen res> 1080P )

2. Resizing with the TV Auto format on my menu ( didn't do anything )

3. Uninstalled all drivers for my graphics card, then reinstalled using the disc, then updated to the newer version on nvidia website.

Any help is appreciated.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
If you set your TV to "scan", see what happens. If not then force it to 16:9 and see what happens. My LG TV has a quick menu that I can hit and its right there. I had the same problem with my laptop I can't remember which setting I put it at. When I get the chance I will look it up.

omgitzslash

Honorable
May 18, 2012

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately in the menu of my TV it says HDMI Mode: Auto, Video, Graphic and they all seem to do nothing.