Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need a case

Last response: in Components
January 20, 2013 10:31:27 PM

Hello all

I am trying to decide on a case for my new build and would like your opinions. The thing I want most out of it is cooling ability as I will be overclocking my components. Here are the choices:

1) Raidmax Blackstorm with USB 3.0
2) Gigabyte SUMO Alpha (not to sure about this one)
3) Antec Three Hundred Two
4) Antec One
5) Raidmax Super Viper

Feel free to recommend me other cases, my budget for the case is no more than $110USD.
I am probably leaning towards the Antec cases more at the moment.

As I said before the air circulation/cooling is the most important thing to me because I will be overclocking. Second is noise levels but I really don't care too much about that.

Thanks in advance :D 

More about : case

a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2013 11:14:04 PM

Take a look at the Fractal Design R4
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 12:08:40 AM

+1 for the 410, great features and looks great!
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2013 12:14:47 AM

DelightfulDucklings said:

As I said before the air circulation/cooling is the most important thing to me because I will be overclocking. Second is noise levels but I really don't care too much about that. :D 

Like I said earlier, check out the Fractal Design R4.
The 140mm fans are whisper quiet. The only downside is they don't sell them separately.

Cases are such a personal thing. You have 2 people that really like the 410 while I think it looks ugly. The great thing is there are so many cases with so many features to fit everyone.
January 21, 2013 1:58:50 AM

Hey thanks for the recommendations everyone, where I live (New Zealand) the prices for the cases you have recommended to me are all ~$180 which is about $50 more than I was hoping to spend, all the ones I listed are between $100 and $140NZD, do you think that spending the extra $50 is worth it in the long run? I can afford to spend it I was just think I would be able to make do with a lower budget case
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2013 2:03:40 AM

The antec one is good enough, if you don't want to spend more money on other cases listed here.
m
l
a c 122 ) Power supply
January 21, 2013 2:05:16 AM

Antec Three Hundred Two
m
l
January 21, 2013 2:12:38 AM

I actually think I might splurge out and get the Fractal Design R4 case that was suggested, it is $200 here (at full retail from a store so I could probably get it for $160 or so) but I really like the looks and judging by the reviews I just flicked through it is quite quiet and cool which is a big plus for me. Thanks for the help guys
m
l
!