Please Help me spend my money wisely on gpu

Blade_of_Liberty

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Hello,
I have an hp p6 2107c and want to upgrade the graphics card to play graphically intensive games. The computer is all stock parts still. it is considered a mini tower but not a slimline, from what Ive researched. Whats the best graphics card that will fit? How much room around the card do i need to keep from overheating? Thanks in advance for helping me spend my $ wisely.

Well, assuming it has a 300W power supply because its an HP, you have a few options, but not many.

If you want to keep the power supply in there, then you could go for a Radeon HD7750, which would work with your power supply.

If you want to upgrade your power supply, you can put a much more powerful card in there.

What games are you going to be playing and at what res? What's your budget?

Not to mention the poor airflow in many cases like that.

A simple solution that I usually recommend is to get someone who knows their way around a computer, and get a new case and move components. There they would have more breathing room and such. Also, you could upgrade the power supply and the rest of the components much easier.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I don't know about the newer prebuilt systems as the last one I owned was built 8ish years ago and it used a BTX mobo which would have made moving parts impossible for me. I upgraded my e510 as far as it would go, but that was from a P4 3.2 Ghz to a Pentium D 940 3.2Ghz, from a 7600LE to a 9600GT and from the stock 300 watt PSU to 500 watts, which still wasn't close enough so I ended up building my current system which I want to gut for a new one when I get enough money.